This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• This one is just beautiful. I love this guy's work.

• I think I'm also a little disappointed because after that Faust interview where she talked about character destinies and such, I was picturing we'd go 5-7 seasons and do progression along the lines of Harry Potter, with the CMC getting their marks and the main 6 gradually unraveling some sort of greater destiny that bound them together. Perhaps that was just my particular fanboy bent, though. I was also hoping for some serious mainstream breakout - not unreasonable, given this show's massive footprint on the geek internet - due to the positive impact I think it could have on various issues to do with gender roles (both as far as the show's characters and the fanbase). I suppose from an anime fan perspective many of you are already used to tons of great shows going completely unreviewed in mainstream media.
    Successful anime franchises tend to renew themselves time and time again, so i would not count out my little pony. It makes me wonder about that franchise now. From now on any new my little pony after FIM (assuming they dont keep it around for some time yet) is going to be compared to it. FIM has set the standard and bar for the future of the franchise, and for fans new and old. It is truly something pretty special, and one im optimistic, and also cautious, to see turn out
  • So, pending my professor's approval, for my CTVA Film and Television Appreciation class's final paper, I'm going to be writing on the different and creative uses of diegetic and non-diegetic sound in "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic".

This should be fun.
  • I have a cousin who's diegetic.
  • Madoka Magika only has 12!
    Scott's mention and the same song choice from the above PMV as this is making me recall my random thought of Kyubey offering to give ponies Cutie Marks. Madoka pony stands before the Walpurgis and decides to form a contract and the Konami Code forms on her flank.
  • I have a cousin who's diegetic.
    HOW DID THIS COME TO PASS?

• What has been seen?! Noooo!
  • edited November 2011
    Pink and black haired Fluttershy looks pretty awesome.

Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Goth Fluttershy?
  • Goth Fluttershy?
    Dunno what it is, but I like it.
  • So Flankin' Awesome...

• edited November 2011
    Equestria Daily has a Skyrim header today.
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • Effective advertising.
  • edited November 2011
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited November 2011

• edited November 2011

• Still on EqD catchup duty; I missed a lot of awesome stuff it seems - e.g.

• Not going to see ponies until tonight because of Burning Con. Also missing footballs tomorrow.
  • This episode was alright. Were those ponies in the bowling alley Big Lebowski references?
  • This episode was alright. Were those ponies in the bowling alley Big Lebowski references?
    Most definitely. There was also an episode of Foster's Home entitled "The Big Lebluski" in which the FH gang was bowling and The Dude, Walter and Donny showed up directly.

• edited November 2011
    Yeah, this one was just ok. There were a handful of chuckle-worthy lines and visual gags, ending felt a little forced. Not the episode I would pick to take a break when the inevitable marathon happens, and I'm sure I'd really enjoy it if I were a kid, but I wouldn't be rewatching it now except for the art team Easter eggs (Big Lebowski, American Gothic, Pixar chess short, and derped Dinky for starters... who knows what else I missed).
    Post edited by Nissl on
  • edited November 2011

Post edited by Victor Frost on