This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• I've seen the Applejack and Rainbow Dash from the previous generation. Are these any better? I imagine they are pretty much identical...

:(
  • So I collected the Rainbow Dash and Cherilee Happy Meal toys today. I have a complete set.

I haven't fully inspected all the ponies, but a friend asked me how the RD toy was and has a lot of flaws. The hair on the mane doesn't have any blue or green and is mostly orange. The tail has no green, red, or yellow. The cutie mark is just a red outline of a single lightning bolt and the eyes are round with an extended eye lash line on top. It isn't the straight line like we normally see or just a normal round lash encircling the top of the eye with 3 lashes.

You can probably paint over portions of the main with a blue and green color to make it look better, but the eyes would be difficult.
    All of them have some issues. Rarity's tail is freaking pink! Speaking of Pink, though, Pinkie Pie probably has the least problems out of all of them. Her only real problem is the simplified Cutie Mark.

• All of them have some issues. Rarity's tail is freaking pink! Speaking of Pink, though, Pinkie Pie probably has the least problems out of all of them. Her only real problem is the simplified Cutie Mark.
    That and if you notice her number in the set is #1.
  • Thats because she's the best pony! Also she's the one on all the advertising ^_^
    Also I think Twilight Sparkle looks pretty good.
  • Come to think of it, why IS she on all of the advertising? Isn't Twilight ostensibly the star of the show? I mean, the entire first season mostly followed her, right?
  • Come to think of it, why IS she on all of the advertising? Isn't Twilight ostensibly the star of the show? I mean, the entire first season mostly followed her, right?
    I think that the show is quite well balanced ensemble where all the main characters are more or less equal around different episodes. Thus I don't think that the series can said to have one main(est) character over other of the six.

Don't know anything about advertising tough and don't care.
  • Probably because PINK. Need as many square inches of pink on the display as possible.
  • Probably because PINK. Need as many square inches of pink on the display as possible.
    I accept this explanation as it is the simplest and most likely.
    -chortle-
  • Oh god dammit Rym...
  • CONTEXT!
    -chortle-
    +1
  • CONTEXT!
    PHRASING!

• Meh, that paradox isn't quite a paradox. It's possible that a certain series of time loops leads to a self-sustaining paradox.
  • Pulled my tablet out of hibernation due to spring break, so here's discord.

Full size
  • Whoa. That's pretty damn amazing. I look forward to more from you.
  • edited March 2012
    We need to play this.

Post edited by Viga on
  • I would play that...
  • edited March 2012
    I would play that...
    Next MAG, my dear friend.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • edited March 2012
    Quote from Tara Strong's Twitter:
    "This too could be your view if only you were a music stand!!"

Stay classy Tara.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • That's a bit off... >_>
  • Now I wish I were a music stand.

STROOOONNNNG!!
  • Just watched this episode. Lol at the star trek style temporal paradox. ^_^
  • I expected Tara Strong to be gothier.
  • I came up with a tie in product so unusual and genius at the same time. A stern pinball machine with MLP friendship is magic license. Think about it, Pinky Pie Party board, Diamond Dog drop targets, Sonic Rainboom jackpot, it has the potential to do a lot of unique things. However knowing Stern it would be limited edition and cost $8000, but hey can a guy get inspired every now and again.
  • I came up with a tie in product so unusual and genius at the same time. A stern pinball machine with MLP friendship is magic license. Think about it, Pinky Pie Party board, Diamond Dog drop targets, Sonic Rainboom jackpot, it has the potential to do a lot of unique things. However knowing Stern it would be limited edition and cost $8000, but hey can a guy get inspired every now and again.
    There are programs that let you create your own digital pinball machine. Go for it.

• I am going to make MLP bracelets! I've already bought some of the materials. I got these cool buttons you can add your own fabric to, which I will somehow get cutie marks on, for the clasping mechanism. I plan for them to look like this. If I have enough materials I may make some of them wrap 2 or 3 times.

Not sure what I'm going to do with them though. Thinking about finally starting with Etsy and selling them, or give them away at PAX to see how well they are liked.
  • edited March 2012
    I came up with a tie in product so unusual and genius at the same time. A stern pinball machine with MLP friendship is magic license. Think about it, Pinky Pie Party board, Diamond Dog drop targets, Sonic Rainboom jackpot, it has the potential to do a lot of unique things. However knowing Stern it would be limited edition and cost $8000, but hey can a guy get inspired every now and again.
    There are programs that let you create your own digital pinball machine. Go for it.

You are assuming that Digital pinball machines are actually good. (end pinball snobbery)
    Post edited by Coldguy on