This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Rainbow Dash. You saw her with those Wonderbolts. The hussy.

EDIT: Actually, no. One of Fluttershy's rabbits.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Applejack. Pinkie would be the father, don't ask me how.
    Pinkie is good like that.
  • edited March 2011
    Rainbow Dash. You saw her with those Wonderbolts. The hussy.

EDIT: Actually, no. One of Fluttershy's rabbits.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • ^ Hahaha.

And please god, no more baby ponies. The cutie-mark crusaders have provided way more than enough "Hey let's have an annoying little kid episode" and I am already sad that they'll apparently be front and center in the next episode as well.
  • The cutie-mark crusaders have provided way more than enough "Hey let's have an annoying little kid episode" and I am already sad that they'll apparently be front and center in the next episode as well.
    How can you hate the CMC's? They're so adorable and rambunctious!

Apple Bloom is becoming one of my favorite ponies.
  • ^ Hahaha.

And please god, no more baby ponies. The cutie-mark crusaders have provided way more than enough "Hey let's have an annoying little kid episode" and I am already sad that they'll apparently be front and center in the next episode as well.
    I agree.
    The cutie-mark crusaders have provided way more than enough "Hey let's have an annoying little kid episode" and I am already sad that they'll apparently be front and center in the next episode as well.
    How can you hate the CMC's? They're so adorable and rambunctious!

Apple Bloom is becoming one of my favorite ponies.
    I think you just be trollin' now. Apple Bloom is going to get a cutie mark of a rotten apple with flies and gnats buzzing around it, because it represents her power of annoyingness.
  • Apple Bloom is becoming one of my favorite ponies.
    I like her. Especially when Pinkie Pie is singing her Evil Enchantress song and she pushes a quivering Applejack away with her hooves.
  • How can you hate the CMC's? They're so adorable and rambunctious!
    Okay, you get to supervise the kids when they are in CMC mode.
  • I think you just be trollin' now. Apple Bloom is going to get a cutie mark of a rotten apple with flies and gnats buzzing around it, because it represents her power of annoyingness.
    Rainbow Dash is way more annoying.
    Okay, you get to supervise the kids when they are in CMC mode.
    It's cool, I'll just practice my stare.
  • Rainbow Dash is way more annoying.
    I think that's ban-worthy.
  • Rainbow Dash is way more annoying.
    I'd argue that she'll fly away and make trouble for someone else long before she'll be annoying to anyone in particular. Pinkie Pie will follow you until you die.
  • I think that's ban-worthy.
    That's right, bury the dissenters! That's always ended well!

If you strike me down yadda yadda. Viva la revolution and so on.
    long before she'll be annoying to anyone in particular.
    See, she's never directly annoying, but her overall "look at me" attitude grates on me. It's like, everything is about Rainbow Dash. It gets old.

I do have an advantage with the CMC's; I used to handle kids just like them. I had a group of three girls that did something very similar when I worked at that day camp. You know what you do? Get involved and help direct their interests. It's amazing how that works!
  • her overall "look at me" attitude grates on me.
    Pinkie Pie is much more of an attention-whore in my humble opinion.

Besides, Rainbow Dash tries to show off primarily in competition, much like the Crew. She didn't exhibit her cloud-smashing skills until Twilight Sparkle goaded her into it. She didn't try a Sonic Rainboom except to actually practice for a real competition. She didn't even show off for Trixie until she was basically cornered.

In fact, look at what truly motivates her. She was unable to recreate the sonic rainboom when fame alone was on the line. But the second Rarity was in danger? Bam!
  • In fact, look at what truly motivates her. She was unable to recreate the sonic rainboom when fame alone was on the line. But the second Rarity was in danger? Bam!

"I'd never leave Ponyville hanging." - Ms. Rainbow Dash

"I want my cutie mark nooooooow!" - Apple "whiny kid" Bloom
  • Rainbow Dash tries to show off primarily in competition
    And also turns everything into a competition. Ergo, she's a show-off. Remember the "Iron Pony" episode? That was her doing.
    Apple Bloom was also the only pony brave enough to go visit the scary voodoo zebra. So, Rainbow Dash loses at fighting dragons, manticores, and dealing with foreigners. Sounds like somepony is full of hot air.
  • This thread has officially attained escape velocity.
  • "I'd never leave Ponyville hanging." - Ms. Rainbow Dash

That's comparing a young punk kid to an adult.

I do enjoy Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie, but they're too impulsive for my tastes at times.
  • This thread has officially attained escape velocity.
    It wasn't already there?
  • I think I spoiled my love for Rainbow Dash because I watched some episodes out of order. I watched 15, then 16. The Sonic Rainboom is where she follows her dream to hang out with The Wonderbolts. So episodes before that, where she says she wants to do things to be like or satisfy the Wonderbolts, lose their impact. I still like Rainbow Dash a lot, just, Pinkie Pie is my favorite and very diverse in each episode. And, how can you not love her songs?

On another note, I love Spike. I know he's just to follow around Twilight Sparkle, but he has his own good personality moments.
  • This thread is turning into /co/ just prior to the pony pogrom.
  • This thread is turning into /co/ just prior to the pony pogrom.
    I don't think we will have a pony pogrom. I don't know what that would actually entail, but it doesn't sound good.
  • And also turns everything into a competition. Ergo, she's a show-off. Remember the "Iron Pony" episode? That was her doing.
    Just like all of us? Also, to wit, Applejack was game. It was a fair fight, and she played to win. When Applejack suggested alternate rules to level the field, she obliged. They then both played to win.
    Apple Bloom was also the only pony brave enough to go visit the scary voodoo zebra.
    Apple Bloom gets mad points for that. Even your precious Pinkie Pie wouldn't do it. The CMC also went into the woods uncaring of any danger. Props.
    So, Rainbow Dash loses at fighting dragons
    Dude, she had the chutzpah to kick a dragon in the motherfucking face, nevermind snark at it when called out for kicking said dragon in the motherfucking face.
  • Just like all of us?
    No, just like you and Scott. The rest of us don't relentlessly turn everything into a competition. That's you guys. And yes, it gets annoying when you do it too. :P
    Apple Bloom gets mad points for that. Even your precious Pinkie Pie wouldn't do it. The CMC also went into the woods uncaring of any danger. Props.
    Oh, I totally throw Pinkie Pie under the bus for that one. Except that she knew all along and was just fucking with everyone. But she still should've said something.
    Dude, she had the chutzpah to kick a dragon in the motherfucking face, nevermind snark at it when called out for kicking said dragon in the motherfucking face.
    Yeah, except it was totally useless, and then she got shown up by Fluttershy. Fluttershy doesn't need to kick shit; she'll just stare things into obedience.

I bet Fluttershy could stare a sonic rainboom down.
    They then both played to win.
    And wound up losing in the end. Burn!
  • edited March 2011
    No, just like you and Scott. The rest of us don't relentlessly turn everything into a competition. That's you guys. And yes, it gets annoying when you do it too. :P
    Spoken like a true loser. Who's the sheriff?
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Who's the sheriff?
    As of yesterday, me...
  • As of yesterday, me...
    Listen, your kink is not my kink, but your kink is OK. Just keep it in the bedroom guys.
  • No, just like you and Scott. The rest of us don't relentlessly turn everything into a competition. That's you guys. And yes, it gets annoying when you do it too. :P
    I note that, in this case, they were playing a game. Previously-agreed-to direct contextual competition. After that, they agreed to play another, larger game.

They didn't at any point make something benign or noncompetitive into a challenge. Your complaint is that she (and Applejack) competed in a game? Please.
  • Previously-agreed-to direct contextual competition.
    Right, and my point is that RD instigated the whole competition in the first place. She took something that was not a competition and turned it into one. The fact that Applejack was game is immaterial to my argument.

There are other instances of RD doing this, but I'm at work and thus can't browse the episodes to find them. Otherwise, I would seriously post Youtube clips demonstrating how a character from MLP is a jerkface.

And you'd be paying me to do it.
  • What is all this armwrestling between Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash? I might have told before of my liking of Rainbow Dash and I haven't changed my mind she's still cool. Also I might have mentioned how Pinkie Pie is just too random for me to like her as a character (and if I haven't mentioned that before there it goes). But one pony that I have started respect more and more lately is Fluttershy.

Initially she seems quite classic shy in a cute way character who is good with animals, but there is lot more in her than that. Fluttershy breaks her shy, scared and good with animals character all the time, but in a way that deepens and complements her character instead of actually breaking it. Even in the first time when we see her in the show, first we see that she is good with animals and shy then she gets all excited about Spike in a manner that shouldn't fit with the characterization she was given just a moment ago. This all in a episode where most other main cast just showed off their primary traits.

Only thing that keeps her in shade is that fact that she really cannot act alone as a good character. She needs other characters to push her in a situations where she has to overcome her basic shy nature.

So why are you all still talking all the time about some flying rainbow and pink party cat and not mentioning the pony who just might be the strongest character as a character in story scene of word.