This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game News and Discussion

Comments

• Sim Arcology.
    That would be my endgame of sims if done right.
    "What's that, city planning in only 2 dimensions? How quaint!"
  • Sim Maxxis. It's a game about making successful Sim-series games.
    SimSimCity

• Just had a real idea. Someone should make Sim Net, as in Internet. I imagine a cyberpunk style net, but a game where you are a real world ISP and have to satisfy customers is also good.
  • I work for an ISP and it's not so fun IRL, but yeah... that could work.
  • Well, there's already Linux Distribution Simulator, so...
    http://lunduke.com/?page_id=2646
  • If they were smart, the people behind Anno 2070 would have their game on sale in light of the disastrous launch of SimCity. I have a hankering for a city building game, but I am completely turned off by the always-connected, small scale of the new SimCity.
  • edited March 2013
    Well, there's already Linux Distribution Simulator, so...
    Don't bother looking for a menu option to add decent sound support. They've gone for realism, so there isn't one.

Post edited by Churba on
  • Holy fuck Payday 2 looks 200% sweet.

• http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/fez-coming-to-pcs-on-may-1/1100-4606/

PC people rejoice.
    Man, now I wish I didn't know all the answers to all the puzzles. =(

• edited March 2013
    http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/fez-coming-to-pcs-on-may-1/1100-4606/

PC people rejoice.
    Man, now I wish I didn't know all the answers to all the puzzles. =(
    Pretty sure you don't know all the answers to all the puzzles. I know I haven't, although I've probably played it enough that I don't need to buy it again. And if I want to play it more, I have perfectly working xbox version. Well, perfectly working except it destroyed my save.

Post edited by Apsup on
  • Yeah I got it on Xbox and didn't know anything about it but had a enough points from exploiting a giveaway at one point to get a game. It was a good purchase. If you already know the "oh shit!" Moment the game is probably less appealing. But goddamn did I ever go "oh SHIT!"
  • After a very long time of putting it off, I have finally finished "Phoenix Wright: Justice For All". It is epicness. The last case had me on the edge of my seat. Also, buddy cop Miles Edgeworth & Phoenix Wright = awesomeness.
  • edited March 2013
    After a very long time of putting it off, I have finally finished "Phoenix Wright: Justice For All". It is epicness. The last case had me on the edge of my seat. Also, buddy cop Miles Edgeworth & Phoenix Wright = awesomeness.
    I have put that off too. I need to go play them all again. I have them ready to go on the R4.

I can't remember much from the first one, so long ago.

Post edited by InvaderREN on
  • edited March 2013
  • EA's CEO steps down.
    So does their stock.
    After Sim City's botched release I am applauding this change so much. I hope the new CEO will take EA away from the whole "release half a game, the rest will be individually-purchased DLC packs" to a more gamer friendly environment. Naive hopefulness? I hope not.

• EA's CEO steps down.
    So does their stock.
    After Sim City's botched release I am applauding this change so much. I hope the new CEO will take EA away from the whole "release half a game, the rest will be individually-purchased DLC packs" to a more gamer friendly environment. Naive hopefulness? I hope not.
    Seems unlikely. Look at the start of Riccatello's tenure, they were making new IP and then fell back on iterating instead of trying new things. If we're lucky it'll be like that instead of copying the Activision model.
  • Theyre remaking the NES Ducktales game ahhahah sick
  • Theyre remaking the NES Ducktales game ahhahah sick

It's being remade by WayForward, so at least it will be pretty.
  • I'm goddamn stoked. It looks really good from that trailer too.
  • I woke up and nearly peed my pants when I saw that video. My goodness, this is going to be amazing.
  • OMG! I remember playing this game on my NES and loving it so much!
  • Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity came out today for the 3DS, and any semblance of a social life I've had is now demolished for the next month or so.
  • They confirmed that the new Ducktales game will use modern remixes of the original NES tunes. This is extremely important.
  • And they're by Jake Kaufman! So you know they'll be good.
  • They confirmed that the new Ducktales game will use modern remixes of the original NES tunes. This is extremely important.
    And they're by Jake Kaufman! So you know they'll be good.
    But...what about Year 200X?

• So here is the gameplay footage of what people at PAX East got to demo for Transistor:

I actually waited in line for about an hour to play. It was worth it. I kind of want the soundtrack to listen to it, but part of me wants to play the game then listen to the soundtrack.

Looks like it's the same engine as Bastion, but different combat system. I like how you can see the hit points of members of The Process. They remind me the turrets from Portal crossed with something else. I can't think of it, but I swear it's from some anime.

I also like the combat system to where you wait for your Transistor sword to charge up to set up your moves then execute. Definitely looking forward to playing in 2014.

Also I've been obsessing over the game because I was helping Lyddi with figuring out the outfit/gear Red is wearing/using. Her friend plans on cosplaying her. If she can get that sword down to have the transistors in the sword light up, it would be pretty damn amazing.
  • The new Tomb Raider sold over three million copies.

Therefore, it's a flop.

Oh, and Square's CEO resigned.