This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game News and Discussion

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Except for price.

There are a few video apps that I use on my phone that I would like to export to a larger screen. I have not had much luck finding a good solution using my phone (calls come in and such) so a non-phone box connected to my TV would be ideal.

iPhone w/ do-not-disturb on + Apple TV
    Post edited by johndis on
  • Except for price.

There are a few video apps that I use on my phone that I would like to export to a larger screen. I have not had much luck finding a good solution using my phone (calls come in and such) so a non-phone box connected to my TV would be ideal.

iPhone w/ do-not-disturb on + Apple TV
    Android for iOS?
  • You should upgrade to an Apple iPhone.
  • You should upgrade to an Apple iPhone.
    Why would I want to downgrade to an iPhone?

• You should trade in your phone for an Ouya
  • edited April 2013
    Well that's too bad. Looks like I'll just get a Raspberry Pi and put XBMC and some emulators on it. I wonder if any of the Steam for Linux games could run on a Raspberry Pi?
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • I would get one just to have an Android media center.
    Get a Roku or a PC/RasPi with XBMC instead.
    http://www.theverge.com/2013/3/13/4097378/roku-3-review
  • So Shovel Knight did sound cool before, but now they've confirmed two songs will be composed by Manami Matsumae (yes, Mega Man music) so I'm totally onboard. Backed their Kickstarter.
  • So Shovel Knight did sound cool before, but now they've confirmed two songs will be composed by Manami Matsumae (yes, Mega Man music) so I'm totally onboard. Backed their Kickstarter.
    I guess I'll upgrade my pledge to the level where I get the OST.
  • edited April 2013
    MAN. I'm trying to budget. Stupid shinies.

Edit: Nevermind. Per their FAQs:
    After the game releases, the soundtrack will be available digitally with a 'pay as you want' model, like many of Jake's soundtracks. However, ALL Kickstarter backers will have early access the Shovel Knight soundtrack as it is created. Lastly, there will be some other fun stuff that will only be on the CD!
    That's cool. I'll donate an extra $5 or something for it.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Not sure if this has been touched on, but the upcoming XBox's rumored "Always on" issue: http://www.cnet.com.au/xboxs-adam-orth-doesnt-get-always-on-concerns-339343874.htm

While we have an excellent connection for an "always on" option, I am in the middle of Missouri. You only have to go about an hour away from where I live to no longer have broadband options. If I did wind up moving near where my parents want to retire, I would be extremely limited on internet connection. I don't want my console to be useless if my internet happens to be having an outage or I move to one of these areas. But it seems like the creators in charge don't care about my concerns at all (looking at you, SimCity).
  • Somewhat related: when MS ended the family pack option I let my gold expire. Some games can still be played via the local network in the house but others refuse to allow MP without gold. I realize server based games (COD/BF) will not work but why would a game where my console hosts other players not work?
  • Somewhat related: when MS ended the family pack option I let my gold expire. Some games can still be played via the local network in the house but others refuse to allow MP without gold. I realize server based games (COD/BF) will not work but why would a game where my console hosts other players not work?
    Any matchmaking that happens via Xbox live will not work. Matchmaking via a central server is easier. IE, some games won't work offline.
  • True but most games allow for a direct connect option (lan parties). We still play Borderlands (1&2) this way as well as L4D & L4D2. I was surprised that Sacred 2 requires gold to play across consoles in the same house.

It is also annoying that even IE requires a gold account to use!!!
  • The next Blizzard MMO will be the one that kills. That assumes no Valve MMO and no Pokemon MMO.
    I'm still under NDA so I can't talk specifics for about another year but as of the latest build of Project Atlas (Blizzards next mmo) I'm not convinced that the blizzard game will be met with critical success.

Bear in mind that I'm convinced that the mmo as a model is slowly dying but that is a different topic for a different day.

As to a Valve mmo, I have for them the same concerns I had for Bioware and SWTOR. Can they nail end game content? If yes, they have a chance. If no, don't bother. Based on how the business is run and orientates itself, I'd be shocked if they ever made an mmo. I think they are too smart for that

Pokemon mmo? It'd make gobs of cash because Pokemon, but does anyone here really think Nintendo cold make a good mmo? Didn't think so.

• edited April 2013

Pokemon mmo? It'd make gobs of cash because Pokemon, but does anyone here really think Nintendo cold make a good mmo? Didn't think so.
    They'd have to completely reformulate the process by which Pokemon level up / earn stat bonuses. I sort of doubt they could handle that.

I've always wanted to play a good MMO, but I've tried handfuls of them and am always depressed that, ultimately, all you do is grind. I can grind in Pokemon, because I never feel like I'm lagging behind. WoW? If I don't play it as a second job I won't be successful. Unless I pay cash for gold/levels. And let's face it, that's dumb.

I also thought the new MMO was "Titan," not "Atlas?"

I want FFXIV to be good, I really do. Do I have enough faith in Final Fantasy MMOs to go through with it? No.

Post edited by Aiyakiu on
  • edited April 2013
    Not sure if this has been touched on, but the upcoming XBox's rumored "Always on" issue: http://www.cnet.com.au/xboxs-adam-orth-doesnt-get-always-on-concerns-339343874.htm
    Look who just got fired from Microsoft today...
    Post edited by Daikun on
  • Look who just got fired from Microsoft today yesterday...
  • Apparently there is a sequel to Poker Night at the Inventory that came out a few days ago.
  • Can you gamble Steam items?
  • Can you gamble Steam items?
    That would actually be way awesome.
  • So this game appeared out of nowhere today.

• Seems cool. I've seen it mentioned so many times on my Twitter feed, which is mostly boardgamers, that I just assumed it was something related to the Leviathans miniatures game (which is levitating steampunk boats), so I glossed over it.
  • Seems cool. I've seen it mentioned so many times on my Twitter feed, which is mostly boardgamers, that I just assumed it was something related to the Leviathans miniatures game (which is levitating steampunk boats), so I glossed over it.
    I'm trying to figure out if it has any pay2win or microtransactions before I go in on it.

• That game looks cool.................damn it.
  • That game looks cool.................damn it.
    Let me know if it has pay2win or microtransactions.
  • I will ask my Twitter followers, since they were talking about it a lot. Perhaps one of them will know.
  • Not going to buy it till either a sale or others get it.. or is it free to play?
  • It's $9.99 on PC, $4.99 on iOS/Android. Cross-platform turn-based multiplayer.
  • I kind of want to buy it just to support more trailers like that one.