This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Meta Forum Comments

Comments

• edited November 2012
    No, we are sinking and it's all muppet's Kilarney's fault
    Throwback!
    Post edited by Vhdblood on
  • I feel like Muppet was looking to pick a fight today (Friday) to get through the day more quickly.

Admittedly this has a side benefit to me in the form of entertainment to also get me through the day.
  • Rather than try to sway people on this forum who seem to have railroad spikes firmly embedded in their skulls, I've decided to follow Thaed's example and seek happiness through intellectual meditation.
  • How the fuck is muppet already at almost 3k posts?
    Because he's Muppet.
  • What time frame is that analyzing? I have over 10,000 comments.
  • edited November 2012
    It's called doesn't know how to edit last post within 30 minutes.

Also, female represent! :P Or that I need to work.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • What time frame is that analyzing? I have over 10,000 comments.
    One year. Here is since October 8th (today is November 8th)

• Hmm, the comments figures make sense. The popular discussions numbers do not. I think the dashboard is broken. Will have to resort to the old trusty database queries when I get home.
  • edited November 2012
    "Video game offers" definitely should not be on that list at the very least. That thread pops up like every once in a while.

EDIT: Actually... I dunno, they do actually seem right now that I look at them more. It's primarily based on views it looks like.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • What, you have a hard time believing that we've made 7400 comments about ponies?
  • What, you have a hard time believing that we've made 7400 comments about ponies?
    I have a hard time believing the most viewed thread last month was ponies with 80,000 while the most viewed thread last year was PAX at 15,000.
  • edited November 2012
    What, you have a hard time believing that we've made 7400 comments about ponies?
    I have a hard time believing the most viewed thread last month was ponies with 80,000 while the most viewed thread last year was PAX at 15,000.
    Views can be anonymous, right? I'm sure that thread is linked to from various places.

No, I think people just really love ponies.

EDIT: Maybe it's displaying total thread views, not just views within a time frame.

Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
    Because he's Muppet.
    He feels he has to respond to anything that seems even tangentially related to him and he has a pathological need to have the last word.
  • it may also not be segregated to unique views by ip.
  • Google Analytics can tell the truth about the views. The database will tell the truth about all else.
  • I guess I need to find more things to argue about.
  • Google Analytics can tell the truth about the views. The database will tell the truth about all else.
    I assume then that Vanilla uses it's own algorithm?
  • edited November 2012
    How the fuck is muppet already at almost 3k posts?
    Because he's Muppet.
    He feels he has to respond to anything that seems even tangentially related to him and he has a pathological need to have the last word.
    Odd he hasn't chimed in then.
    Post edited by Bronzdragon on
    I have Google Analytics blocked in NoScript. Do they still record my views?
    Nope.
    I do too. It makes me feel like a ghost.
    Because he's Muppet.
    Odd he hasn't chimed in then.
    I was thinking that too.. If only someone would say "HEY RELIGION SUCKS AND SERVES NO UNIQUELY USEFUL PURPOSE!"
  • It makes me feel like a ghost.
    One time I saw a ghost.
  • One time I was a ghost.
  • It makes me feel like a ghost.
    One time I saw a ghost.
    I had a dream... once...

• *insert Rym ghoul noise*
    One time I had a dream about a dead horse vomiting on a pile of sand, but I don't think that counts.
    One time I had a dream about a dead horse vomiting on a pile of sand, but I don't think that counts.
    Ugh, that's a good one. It reminds me of a really awful reoccurring nightmare I used to have where I was forcefed sand.