This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Meta Forum Comments

Comments

• *insert Rym ghoul noise*
  • One time I was a ghost.
    One time I had a dream about a dead horse vomiting on a pile of sand, but I don't think that counts.
    Ugh, that's a good one. It reminds me of a really awful reoccurring nightmare I used to have where I was forcefed sand.
    Unrelates: I had a nightmare last night where, when threatened with being eaten by a Tyranosaur, I logged out Diablo II style causing me to wake up as an escape route.
  • Ugh. When I wake myself from a bad dream, I wake up paralyzed and with a sensation of suffocation or drowning. It takes considerable effort to move, open my eyes, and breathe. Probably sleep apnea. :-P
  • I had that nightmare paralysis twice in my life. Luckily it's not recurring because I'm nightmare prone as fuck.
  • Everyone on this forum should have a personalized popcorn image or GTFO.
  • Ugh. When I wake myself from a bad dream, I wake up paralyzed and with a sensation of suffocation or drowning. It takes considerable effort to move, open my eyes, and breathe. Probably sleep apnea. :-P
    Sounds more like sleep paralysis.
  • edited November 2012
    Everyone on this forum should have a personalized popcorn image or GTFO.
    What if we hate popcorn?

Edit: Damnit, I meant to edit this into my previously comment, not sure how it created a second one.
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • edited November 2012
    Sonic and I are staying. Any others want to join the Personal Popcorn Gif Club?

Edit: I was eating puffed corn.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
    What if we hate popcorn?
    Jaffas.

• Sonic and I are staying. Any others want to join the Personal Popcorn Gif Club?

Edit: I was eating puffed corn.
    I need to know how to make a gif of myself.
    Sounds more like sleep paralysis.
    I actually suspect its both. I used to get the paralysis a lot more often so at least its better. Ugh.
  • edited November 2012
    Everyone on this forum should have a personalized popcorn image or GTFO.
    What if we hate popcorn?
    Jaffas.
    If I could find a vegan alternative/variety I could pull that.
    Post edited by canine224 on
    What if we hate popcorn?
    Jaffas.
    If I could find a vegan alternative/variety I could pull that.
    Can't really help you there, I don't know anything about vegan confectionery.
  • I, for one, don't know anything about the Vegan Confederacy.
  • Do we look like we'll kick your teeth in for a non-popcorn popcorn.gif?

... don't answer that.
  • At the cinema last week I bought popcorn but forgot to take a video of me eating it.
  • When I eat popcorn, I try to carefully pull out each poky kernel/piece/thing/whatever so they don't get stuck in my gums later. So popcorn eating is a long annoying process for me >_>
  • I may as well swallow boric acid and choreboy scrubbing pads as popcorn given the gastrointestinal effects...
  • When I eat popcorn, I try to carefully pull out each poky kernel/piece/thing/whatever so they don't get stuck in my gums later. So popcorn eating is a long annoying process for me >_>
    "Scalpel...Scalpel please!"
    "I'm trying to watch the movie!"
  • Too bad there's no metric for post quality.
  • Or for grumpy curmudgeons.
  • Too bad there's no metric for post quality.
    There are very few you can use that don't end up popularity contests in the end. Source: moderated like a billion forums.
  • I once researched and posted a "average word count per post" thing on enworld. I thought it was an interesting statistic. Some "high post count" posters had very high word counts as well (running story hours or play-by-post games). Others had really low, sub 10 words per post counts. A couple of them were kinda pissed off to have their high score post counts actually pointed out as having statistically few words, and the admin asked me not to ever share that data again. :P
  • I once researched and posted a "average word count per post" thing on enworld. I thought it was an interesting statistic. Some "high post count" posters had very high word counts as well (running story hours or play-by-post games). Others had really low, sub 10 words per post counts. A couple of them were kinda pissed off to have their high score post counts actually pointed out as having statistically few words, and the admin asked me not to ever share that data again. :P
    While this will correctly penalize people for "me too" and "fuck you" type posts, sometimes brevity and eloquence are a positive.
  • I don't like to have the data always available in real time and visible to everyone since that will result in modifying behaviors in a negative way. However, posting reports of such data once in awhile makes for an interesting discussion. Behaviors will not be modified because the data is soon forgotten.
  • While this will correctly penalize people for "me too" and "fuck you" type posts, sometimes brevity and eloquence are a positive.
    Sure, but it's also just data. If people want to turn everything into dick measuring contests or achievement systems, that's on them.
  • I'm surprised at how much I post. It feels like I read far more than I post - but then again, I'm reading the posts of 30-ish regulars. Not that I'm going to post any less, to be fair, I don't give a shit about that, I'm just a bit surprised.
  • Thing is, we can't trust enough people not to turn things into dick-measuring contests that any easily-accessible method of dick-measuring tends to turn a forum into a shithole.
  • I wonder what proportion of Rym's 412 comments in the last month were popcorn GIFs.