This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pokemon X and Y (Generation VI)

edited January 2013 in Video Games
Looks like we're going to have to wait even longer for remakes of Ruby/Sapphire, because here comes Generation VI in all of it's full 3D glory!

Totally starting with the Finnic Fox, but I don't know whether or not I want a super cool Princess Mononoke forest spirit or a super cool dragon bird thing as my version exclusive Pokemon.

Also, it's going to be a worldwide release in October, so we won't have to wait for half a year in the US to get it.

My body is ready.
Post edited by Li_Akahi on

Comments

• Rollerskating on cobbles? Tell me how!
  • Rollerskating on cobbles? Tell me how!
    Very carefully.

• I'm freaking out right now.
  • Nintendo: Only one of our games is still selling guys. Let's milk it harder!
  • Nintendo: Only one of our games is still selling guys. Let's milk it harder!
    I'm actually not at all surprised at how short Generation V was, they need to get a main series Pokemon game out on the 3DS ASAP considering the fact that Pokemon sells handhelds like they're crack covered heroine.

• I'm pretty sure if you have just started talking about Nintendo Milking the Pokemon franchise now, you are just bitching because you don't have a 3DS, because you should have been doing it looong before :-p
  • edited January 2013
    Emperor damn it. Now I need to buy a 3DS. Why do you do this to me nintendo?
    Post edited by Drunken Butler on
  • You don't know if you want Lugia or Dialga? Pfffffffffffft.
  • Sexy Feskin! Sexy Chenepin! and frog.
  • Sexy Feskin! Sexy Chenepin! and frog.
    I dunno, that frog is probably going to become a Water/Ice type. It could end up being pretty awesome.
  • Best starters we've had since Gen. III.
  • edited January 2013
    You don't know if you want Lugia or Dialga? Pfffffffffffft.

Post edited by Hitman Hart on
    Generation IV had the best starters. I would argue that Infernape is better than Blaziken unless the latter has its Dream World ability that completely breaks it. We also had a Water/Steel penguin that makes for a great Stealth Rock-er and a Grass/Ground powerhouse.
  • Ahhh, uninspiring starters. I mean, I'm glad they finally went full 3D (coliseum-style) but until I see more Pokemon, the only one I remotely like is the frog.
    Generation IV had the best starters. I would argue that Infernape is better than Blaziken unless the latter has its Dream World ability that completely breaks it. We also had a Water/Steel penguin that makes for a great Stealth Rock-er and a Grass/Ground powerhouse.
    I'm just talking arts, not meta junk.

I'm just talking arts, not meta junk.

Even then, I will argue with you. The designs for Pokemon are over all improving with each subsequent generation.
  • edited January 2013
    Hooraaaaay something that will allow my 3DS to stop collecting dust. I haven't used it regularly since I beat Super Mario 3D Land.

Will have to wait and see more announcements on evolutions and their typing before picking out which starter to use. So far leaning towards the fox (prettyyy~), but if beanie!chipmunk or Scarffrog there get better typing/cooler evolutions, I could very easily be swayed. Especially if the fox turns into yet another Fire/Fighting type. Ugh.

EDIT - Also: I loled.

Post edited by Eryn on
  • Thi is why I'm so glad I bought a 3ds. Though now I gotta finish Black 2 before this comes out.
  • edited January 2013
    I don't think the fox is going to be Fire/Fighting again, I feel like they have stretched that idea as thin as it can go. A friend of mine and I have been speculating that the frog could evolve into a Water/Flying type due to the coloration and the fact that the white parts look kind of like clouds. Imagine something along the lines of the god frogs in Windwaker.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • I wish the starting Pokemon weren't grass/fire/water for once. So many other things have changed, that rule doesn't need to be set in stone.

Here's an idea, since they always make two games, give each one its own set of starters, instead of just different legendaries. One of the games can be the good version with grass/fire/water. The other game can be the evil version. You are the evil trainer! Start with Poison/Psychic/Ghost.
  • Poison/Psychic/Ghost doesn't have the three-way type vulnerability. I'd like to see something like Flying/Fighting/Rock or something of that nature.
  • Dark/Fighting/Psychic is the other big triangle.
  • That would be good.
  • Dark is immune to psychic. Pick Psychic starter and you get fucked up bad in rival battles.
  • edited January 2013
    Dark is immune to psychic. Pick Psychic starter and you get fucked up bad in rival battles.
    It's not so bad. During the first battle your Pokemon don't have any type based attacks. By the 2nd time you face them you should have other Pokemon in your team. Just make sure there is at least one decent fighting type available for capture in the first zone and there's next to no problem.

edit: A fun triangle would be Fire/Psychic, Water/Fighting/and Grass/Dark. Weaknesses for everyone!

Post edited by Drunken Butler on
  • Well, this might finally get me to upgrade from my DS Phat.
  • They should make a game where all the starters are bug pokemon and there are only bug pokemon since bug types are the best types.
  • I'm never really a fan of complete immunities.

• I'm never really a fan of complete immunities.

The Dark type was created purely to balance out the OP-ness of Psychic types in Generation 1. There was really no way to go about fixing it without the creation of that complete immunity.
  • That said, Psychic was also OP in Generation 1 because a programming error made it immune to Ghost, when it was supposed to be weak to the Ghost type.