This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pokemon X and Y (Generation VI)

Comments

• They should make a game where all the starters are bug pokemon and there are only bug pokemon since bug types are the best types.
    I LOL'd.

• They should make a game where all the starters are ice pokemon and there are only ice pokemon since ice types are the best types.
    FTFY

• edited January 2013
    They should make a game where all the starters are ice pokemon and there are only ice pokemon since ice types are the best types.
    FTFY

I would be okay with that only if all the pokemon are Beartic.
    Post edited by P_TOG on
  • They should make a game where all the starters are cyndaquil and there are only cyndaquils since cyndaquils are the best types.
    FTFY

FTFY
  • How about your starter is Ditto.
  • That said, Psychic was also OP in Generation 1 because a programming error made it immune to Ghost, when it was supposed to be weak to the Ghost type.
    Not to mention the fact that, as far as I remember, there were only two Ghost type moves: Lick, which was a fairly weak attack, and Night Shade, which did a fixed amount of damage based on the level of the user.
  • That said, Psychic was also OP in Generation 1 because a programming error made it immune to Ghost, when it was supposed to be weak to the Ghost type.
    Not to mention the fact that, as far as I remember, there were only two Ghost type moves: Lick, which was a fairly weak attack, and Night Shade, which did a fixed amount of damage based on the level of the user.
    The other problem is that a lot of moves were psychic moves that could arguably be ghost moves, such as my favorite Dream Eater. You can go either way on that one, so if you've already got so many psychic attacks, make that one ghost.
  • Also, the only Ghost type Pokemon in Generation 1 was the Ghastly line, who was also part Poison (2x Weak to Psychic).
  • Also, the only Ghost type Pokemon in Generation 1 was the Ghastly line, who was also part Poison (2x Weak to Psychic).
    Gengar was always the first Pokemon I put out in a fight. Nobody expected the Nightmare.
  • Someone commented on Facebook that the third installment of generation VI would probably be Pokemon Z, and speculated that that would be the last game of the series. Anyone's thoughts? I'm thinking as long as Nintendo keeps making handheld devices there will be more Pokemon, since the series pretty much carries handheld gaming for Nintendo now.
  • I always started with Kadabra/Alakazam as soon as I could acquire it.
  • Someone commented on Facebook that the third installment of generation VI would probably be Pokemon Z, and speculated that that would be the last game of the series. Anyone's thoughts?
    HA! That'll be the day.
  • I always started with Kadabra/Alakazam as soon as I could acquire it.
    Alakazam was always very strong pick. My brother and I both trained one up.
  • Someone commented on Facebook that the third installment of generation VI would probably be Pokemon Z, and speculated that that would be the last game of the series. Anyone's thoughts? I'm thinking as long as Nintendo keeps making handheld devices there will be more Pokemon, since the series pretty much carries handheld gaming for Nintendo now.
    If Pokemon Z is the last pokemon ever, I'll eat an NES.
    If Pokemon Z is the last pokemon ever, I'll eat an NES.
    May I recommend this sauce in case you do?
  • edited January 2013
    Even then, I will argue with you. The designs for Pokemon are over all improving with each subsequent generation.
    Torterra is fucking boss. Infernape looks cool but eh (Blaziken's trash the entire line), Penguin is one ugly mo'fucker. And all three stage ones look atrocious. Compare that to Squirtle, who's totally fucking boss, and Wartortle who is the totally fucking bossest ever, I'll give you that Blastoise is a bit meh though.
    You don't know if you want Lugia or Dialga? Pfffffffffffft.
    [Moaning oldfags]
    I lol'd, but that was honestly the thought I had when I watched the trailer. "Oh, that looks like Lugia, and that looks like the blue one from gen 4." Them being stylized like an X and a Y is a bit eh I guess.

ALSO, I'D BETTER GET MY FUCKING WATER/GHOST GHOSTSHIP POKÉMON THIS TIME NINTENDO. YOU FUCKED IT UP THE VERY FIRST TIME YOU TRIED, NOW YOU BETTER MAKE THAT FUCKING GHOSTSHIP POKÉMON OR ELSE I AM STILL NOT GOING BUY ANY NINTENDO HANDHELD.
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • So the concensus online is that Chespin is probably going to be a Grass/Dark type, Fennikin will be Fire/Psychic, and Froakie will be Water/Fighting, meaning that we could conceivably have the normal triangle (Water>Fire>Grass>) and a secondary triangle going the opposite direction.

This speculation came from the second attacks that the starters use in the trailer, and is something that I can get behind.
  • So the concensus online is that Chespin is probably going to be a Grass/Dark type, Fennikin will be Fire/Psychic, and Froakie will be Water/Fighting, meaning that we could conceivably have the normal triangle (Water>Fire>Grass>) and a secondary triangle going the opposite direction.

This speculation came from the second attacks that the starters use in the trailer, and is something that I can get behind.
    Ha! Y'all saw! I called that shit!

• Ha! Y'all saw! I called that shit!
    People have been calling that shit for four generations now.
  • Ha! Y'all saw! I called that shit!
    People have been calling that shit for four generations now.
    Don't ruin this for me.
  • edited January 2013
    I find that design of the final evolution to be highly coincidental, and awesome. I might have to use Chespin if that's the official evolution looks.

Edit: would also fit thematically if it is going to be grass/dark.
    Post edited by Jack Draigo on
  • Second two are definitely fanart. It would be cool, though.
    Yeah, now that I think about it the official evolution probably will not be that awesome.
    Yeah, now that I think about it the official evolution probably will not be that awesome.
    Yeah, I seriously doubt that Nintendo would let a Pokemon look like it belongs in Assassin's Creed.
  • The trailer hinted a character customizeability, some of them non-intentional.
  • So there are rumours circulating around about new types once again with Yveltal being a Sound type and Xerneas being a Light type.
  • Doubt it. The starters have also been confirmed not to be dual-type.
  • Doubt it. The starters have also been confirmed not to be dual-type.
    Have they confirmed that throughout all of their evolutions?

• No, and I suppose that is possible, but considering I can count the number of Pokemon that change types when they evolve without the aid of evolutionary stones or items on one hand, I still don't see it as very likely.
  • No, and I suppose that is possible, but considering I can count the number of Pokemon that change types when they evolve without the aid of evolutionary stones or items on one hand, I still don't see it as very likely.
    Actually quite large percentage of old starters evolve into dual types.