This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pokemon X and Y (Generation VI)

Comments

• No, and I suppose that is possible, but considering I can count the number of Pokemon that change types when they evolve without the aid of evolutionary stones or items on one hand, I still don't see it as very likely.
    Actually quite large percentage of old starters evolve into dual types.

Charizard - Fire Flying
    Venusaur - Grass Poison

Blastoise - Water...
  • Ahhh wait, you're right. Okay, point taken.

• Charizard - Fire Flying
    Venusaur - Grass Poison

Blastoise - Water...
    I was talking about other old starters than first gen. Also Venusaur doesn't evolve to Grass/Poison, it starts as one. (At least according of Bulbabedia where I checked this information.)

• Also Venusaur doesn't evolve to Grass/Poison, it starts as one. (At least according of Bulbabedia where I checked this information.)
    This is kinda where I got confused. I didn't realize that, for example, Mudkip didn't start out as a water/ground type and Tepig didn't start out as fire/fighting.
  • edited January 2013
    Oh shit. I always thought Bulbasaur was just grass.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited January 2013
    Fun facts I noticed when I did research for this starter discussion.
    Gold & Silver generation is only one where all three starters have only one type on all of their evolutions.
    On the other hand Diamond & Pear was only time where every starter had dual-type in their final evolution.
    Also Bulbasaur is only starter with dual type.
    Post edited by Apsup on
  • imageNew Eeveelution incoming. It's name is Ninfia (in Japanese) and there is no word on what it's typing will be.
  • Normal? Flying? Ghost?
  • I'm thinking that the magical girl Eeveelution will be a Light type, and that's why they didn't announce it's typing now.
  • edited February 2013
    Ninfia's type is still not confirmed, but English, Spanish, Italian, French, and German names have been.

Looking more and more likely that the type will be Light or some other new type (Magic?), considering they keep playing coy about it.
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • edited October 2013
    So all the reviews for X and Y so far are pretty much just a hair short of calling it the second coming of Pokechrist. Damn it, Nintendo, my expectations can't be boosted much higher. Stahp. You'll make me burst.

Anyone else been following the torrent of leaks coming out lately, by the way? The leaked final evos for the starters seem pretty real at this point, and have finally convinced me to plant my flag 100% with Team Fennekin. Wants me a fire mage, oh yes I do.

Also, speaking of things being praised as the second coming of Pokechrist: Goomy. Seems to be the first Pokemon the fan community has almost unanimously accepted as "BEST THING EVER". Can't blame them. A super squishy Dragon type that looks like a smiling Haro? Gotta love it.

EDIT: Another thing about the starter evos, if they're real: they follow the Dark/Psychic/Fighting triangle that was discussed in this thread at the beginning of the year. Puuuurrrdy neat.
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • I've been following all of the leaks. Good times. The Grass Starter final was the leak that pushed me to pre-order. I have high hopes. Via the leaks, I've learned that most of the Pokemon on my standard team are catchable under normal conditions. :3
  • Water remains the one true starter type, but I see your points.
  • Most places I looked, most people are with you, Linkigi. Seems like Greninja is by far the most approved-of starter evo. I agree that it's pretty damn awesome (TONGUE SCARF!!), but I also like Delphox and Chesnaught a lot too, so it's not enough to make me go Team Froakie, unfortunately.
  • Fire remains the one true starter type, but I see your points.
    I noticed your sentence was broken. I fixed it for you.
  • So which Pokemon is number 1?
  • Bulbasaur.
  • I don't think I've ever actually picked Water the first time through a game. I always seem to go with either Grass or Fire on my first playthrough (first starters in each gen have been: Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Torchic, Chimchar, Snivy, and now Fennekin). It doesn't help that Water is the most common Pokemon type in the series. There are always tons of other choices to put on my team besides the Water starter.

Also, Neito is not wrong, in either sense of that answer.
  • Grass. GRASS.
  • Also, Neito is not wrong, in either sense of that answer.
    That's why I love that answer.
  • So which Pokemon is number 1?
    Rhyhorn.
  • Isn't it Rhydon if you're going that direction with it?
    I believe that Rydon was the first pokemon DESIGNED.

Kangaskhan is the first pokemon PROGRAMMED.

Bulbasaur is the first pokemon BY POKEDEX ORDER.
    Crap, you're right.

Also, everybody should be familiar with the old saying: "If you don't pick water then you're not my real father!"
  • I think Rhydon holds both the first designed and first programmed titles. Rhydon has internal index number 001, and Kangaskhan has 002.
  • I think Rhydon holds both the first designed and first programmed titles. Rhydon has internal index number 001, and Kangaskhan has 002.
    I was basing what I said on some oddly remembered remnants of TRSRocking. As far as I know, what I said is correct, but I don't presume any authority.
  • Naughty, randy Pokemon.

• edited October 2013
    What version is everyone getting and why?
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I got X because it's the letter that's in my name. <_<