This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pokemon X and Y (Generation VI)

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Scott having a Combee in his Safari is too fitting, I love it. Too bad Safaris can't be multiple types, because I would bet his other two would be Klink and Spiritomb otherwise.

EDIT: I really need to friend more people on that spreadsheet. Also, my safari is Dragon type. I believe the 'mons available are Noibat, Fraxure, and Sliggoo.
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • Apreche said:

Jameskun said:

Scott, your safari is bug type, and the first one is combee. Too bad you can't visit your own safari :)

I got a Combee already.
    Of course you do, how can you not. THEY'RE ALL OVER MY GODDAMN BERRY TREES. Friggin pokemon infestations.

• Well, feel free to send me a trade request. We can communicate here or on the in-game chat.

I'll take all the starters other than Charmander, Fennekin, Torchic, and non-Protean Froakie.

I also don't have time for makin babies tonight, but should be able to get some popped out for tomorrow night. Awww yeah, massive pokeman orgy.

• Apreche said:

You people and your Safari. I only just got my second badge. No Safari Zones yet.

It speeds up significantly from there.

Also, new page.
    Dromaro said:

NEW PAGE

• Apparently, I have an Ice safari. You're welcome.

Your safari is awesome. I got my shiny Sturdy Bergmite from you! <3

• edited January 2014
    My safari is fire with Charmeleon... Or is it Charmander?
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • I think mine is Electric, with Electrabuzz, but I don't know, haven't finished the game yet.

You should friend me back on the 3DS so that I can benefit from your wonderful ice. ;)
  • Didn't I friend you? I think I friended literally everyone on that 3DS list. I'll check tonight.
  • edited January 2014
    Oh, you have now that I check, you just must have never been online the same time as I was.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Oh, you have now that I check, you just must have never been online the same time as I was.

We should pick a time to all be online simultaneously, perhaps with a G+ Hangout. Then we should have a Poketournament.

But, to make it fair for people like me who have not trained my Pokes for 1000 hours, we should have some sort of limitation. Perhaps we only allow Pokemon if they are freshly caught from the tall grass. Or maybe everyone puts 6 Pokes in the wonder trade, and whatever you get back is your team. Lots of luck involved in that one, but it will be hilarious anyway.

We could also make it the Nuzlocke of battle tournaments. Single elimination brackets. If a Poke goes down, it's down for the rest of the tournament.
  • edited January 2014
    The first six Pokes you beat the Elite Four with, before breeding super-Pokemon becomes really practical?
    The game will scale them all to level 50 for us and will ban legendaries and the like.

Although wonder trade tournament sounds super enticing...
  • The first six Pokes you beat the Elite Four with, before breeding super-Pokemon becomes really practical?
    The game will scale them all to level 50 for us and will ban legendaries and the like.

But, but... isn't Spiritomb technically Legendary? I mean, he's the FORBIDDEN POKEMON
  • It's a bit harder to justify banning the weaker legendaries now that some Mega Evolutions are much better than them...

Also, no Encore-Counter-Mirror Coat Wobuffets or Wynauts, jerks. I know at least one of you thought it.
  • Also, I'm not managing this. I don't know nearly enough about Pokes, and I've filled my tournament-managing quota already.
  • The first six Pokes you beat the Elite Four with, before breeding super-Pokemon becomes really practical?

Although wonder trade tournament sounds super enticing...

Wonder trade makes this unworkable... I had Protean Greninja with 5 perfect IVs when I fought the elite 4.

• It's a bit harder to justify banning the weaker legendaries now that some Mega Evolutions are much better than them...

Also, no Encore-Counter-Mirror Coat Wobuffets or Wynauts, jerks. I know at least one of you thought it.

Funbro? Funbro.

• edited January 2014
    Yeah, no infinite-battle movesets either.

Actually, surprisingly, I checked Smogon where they're still working on an XY banlist, and Wobuffet/Wynaut haven't been banned yet. Infinite-battle sets and Blaziken have been, though.

Edit: Apparently, balance changes in B/W (such as reducing the duration of Encore) have not made Wobuffet ridiculously broken anymore.
  • Meat market tonight? I have a box of babies for sale.
  • Nuri said:

Meat market tonight? I have a box of babies for sale.

Phrasing?

• Nuri said:

Meat market tonight? I have a box of babies for sale.

Phrasing?
    YES.

• After I have dinner, sure. I should also catch more Dittos, since everybody is all about those Dittos.

(Although, unfortunately, I just discovered that you can't breed Dittos together, so no almost-perfect-IV Dittos for me.)
  • edited January 2014
    Maybe for a tournament, use Pokemon freshly caught from the Friend Safari, no Super Training/EV training allowed? Then everyone's pretty even, since all Pokes from there have at least two perfect IVs and all come at the same level.
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • I'm not at the friend Safari yet...
  • Yeah, dittos are mostly useful for creating females that have decent starting point IVs. I have 1 with 2 31s already, but I could use some variety. I'm actually more interested in filling my Dex. I have a pretty long list of things I want just to complete the Kalos dex. (Mareep, whar yuu bee??)
  • I can breed you a Mareep. They appear in hordes on the route with the Skiddo Ranch.
  • Apreche said:

I'm not at the friend Safari yet...

We could hold it after you get there, silly. :P After the second badge, it doesn't take a very long time to get the rest and beat the E4, especially not if you've been using the EXP Share.
  • Eryn said:

Apreche said:

We could hold it after you get there, silly. :P After the second badge, it doesn't take a very long time to get the rest and beat the E4, especially not if you've been using the EXP Share.
    Why would you not use the EXP Share?

Also, I'm in the town with the magic rocks. The evil team just went into the secret place at the dead end. I tried to strength the rock, but that doesn't work. Am I missing the obvious way to get in there, or do I just come back later?

• Apreche said:

Eryn said:

Apreche said:

Why would you not use the EXP Share?
    I used it all through my first playthrough, and I ended up being way higher than everything else in the game by the last big battles. The level curve was laughably unable to keep up. On a second playthrough, I alternated having it on and off, and it was a much better balance between being challenging and not having to grind.
    Also, I'm in the town with the magic rocks. The evil team just went into the secret place at the dead end. I tried to strength the rock, but that doesn't work. Am I missing the obvious way to get in there, or do I just come back later?
    You come back later. Don't worry, they'll tell you loud and clear when you need to go back.