This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pokemon X and Y (Generation VI)

Comments

• Also, and I know this is a bit out of no where but, who else was excited when one of the first pokemon you can catch was zigzagoon? I keep that little bastard on me always! Free Stuff? who doesn't like free stuff? ya know I wonder if the the economy has ever be effected by and zigzagoon infestation in the Poke-verse?

I ignored Zigzagoon because it's a boring normal type that doesn't look good. What is so special about it?
  • There are other pokemon with the Pickup ability. Pachirisu, Dedenne, Lillipup...

Scott, some of them have Pickup as their ability. Basically, when you are walking around and it's not holding anything, you have a chance that it will randomly "pick up" an item. Basically a random free item generator.
  • My first pokemon was also a pidgey, followed by that dang butterfly everyone wants multiples of.
  • Yes! my first game that I actually owned and not just borrowed was yellow. So Pidgey was necessary to beat Brock. Definitely holds a soft spot in my heart. By the way, does anyone know what Pokemon actually gets rendered for the fly animation? Because I just recently discovered that when you surf on Lapras you get to see Lapras, and I figured that there most be a Pokemon that does the same for Fly.
  • I think it's only the generic bird-ish thing for fly.
  • Well what I mean is that when you surf with Lapras you get to see Lapras rendered. I could find anything about which flying type pokemon gets put in the fly animation, if that happens with any pokemon.
  • edited January 2014

Well what I mean is that when you surf with Lapras you get to see Lapras rendered. I could find anything about which flying type pokemon gets put in the fly animation, if that happens with any pokemon.

Nah, like the man said, it's just a generic bird. At best, it resembles a black pidgey, because a pidgey in turn resembles a generic bird.

It's 31 seconds into this video.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • well that's disappointing... I really thought that since the went the extra mile with Lapras and Surf that they would do the same with Fly... Oh well.
  • I know Scott said he wasn't interested in IVs/breeding anymore, but in case anyone else is still interested, this video is perhaps the most approachable X and Y breeding guide that I've seen to date. Nothing makes tedious math stuff more approachable than an adorable, friendly commentator:

• I p much just play this as a dressup game. "Yay, new town, time to buy a new skirt! Oh no, I gotta do a pokemon battle? *Grumbles*"
  • I p much just play this as a dressup game. "Yay, new town, time to buy a new skirt! Oh no, I gotta do a pokemon battle? *Grumbles*"

I didn't start buying clothes till I was halfway through the game. I was spending most of my pokebucks on stuff for my mons.
  • That reminds me, has anyone done the lost hotel side mission? They keep saying I'm not fashionable enough to see the boss.
  • edited January 2014

That reminds me, has anyone done the lost hotel side mission? They keep saying I'm not fashionable enough to see the boss.

You've got to talk to all the skaters in Lumiose in order to learn all the roller skating tricks.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Ahhh, alright I didn't realize there was more than one guy there.
  • That reminds me, has anyone done the lost hotel side mission? They keep saying I'm not fashionable enough to see the boss.

You've got to talk to all the skaters in Lumiose in order to learn all the roller skating tricks.
    And your reward? The last skating trick.

Also I think there's a TM back there.
  • Oh ... Mhhh maybe not so worth it. I'll probably still do it since I'm post game any ways.
  • If you are looking for a particular Pokemon Safari might I recommend this.
  • Pete just learned that you can breed two different kinds of pokemon together. XD

I just learned that my protean Greninja has almost perfect IVs, so it is the Eve of my gen VI breeding program. Apparently I have a Wonder Trade Pokegodmother.
  • I've found that it's absurdly easy to get certain popular pokemon (Eeves, Gen 1 starters, and Froakies) with near-perfects as a result of people tossing out their rejects.
  • So how many of you guys are actually going to attempt to get all 718 pokemon? i am king of thinking about it...kind of... at least the regional Pokedex
  • I try to fill the dex as much as possible. I know that some pokemon, like legendaries and event pokemon that can't breed, are unlikely to come into my possession. But whatevs!
  • Back in the day my red poked ex was complete. My silver was almost complete, lacking only one or two Pokemon that were gold only.

I expect to someday fill a pokedex again. Not because I will try hard, but because the bank plus friends plus conventions will make it much easier.
  • Yeah even just using the wonder trade makes it much easier
  • Yeah even just using the wonder trade makes it much easier

Especially if you're missing a level 2 Pidgey.
  • Churba said:

Yeah even just using the wonder trade makes it much easier

Hey, be fair.

Sometimes, if you're really, really lucky, you get a level 2 Caterpie.
  • Neito said:

Churba said:

Hey, be fair.

I like Caterpie.
  • Neito said:

Churba said:

Hey, be fair.

I like Caterpie. I imagine how wonderful Pokemon must be for someone who's favorite Pokemon is Pidgey.
  • edited January 2014
    Apreche said:

Neito said:

Churba said:

Hey, be fair.

I like Caterpie. I imagine how wonderful Pokemon must be for someone who's favorite Pokemon is Pidgey.
    "Aw man Xerneas fuck that shit who wants one of those, off to wondertrade with this asshole. OH SWEET A PIDGEY haha man whoever was on the other end of this must be a real sucker."

Post edited by Churba on
  • Apreche said:

Neito said:

Churba said:

Hey, be fair.

Hey! Pidgeys are awesome.
  • Well I got pretty lucky I guess. because I got access to a number of Pokemon that I wasn't supposed to see until the end of the game and because they count as traded they leveled faster than normal so it worked out pretty good for me.