This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pokemon X and Y (Generation VI)

Comments

• I can breed you a Mareep. They appear in hordes on the route with the Skiddo Ranch.

It would be cool if you could get me one with lady parts!

• Oh yeah... the PGL maintenance may cause problems with this trading plan. Might have to put it off a bit.

We should do a Pogeymans GHangout!
  • All right I have 5 each of: Mudkip, Tepig, Turtwig, Piplup, Oshawott, Chimchar, and Snivy. They're all male have between 0-2 perfect IVs; some of the Mudkips and Chimchars have 3. I also have some extra Munchlaxes. I'll be on later tonight and possibly when Max goes down for a nap if anyone wants to grab these pokemon.

I still need Clamperl, Corsola, Slugma, Smoochum/Jynx, Vanillite, Heatmor, Skarmory, Gligar, Banette, Scyther, and Dratini for my Dex if you have one. Otherwise Safari Dittos or non-FRC Safari pokemon are also happily accepted.
  • I'll have one of everything, please! I don't care about gender or IVs. I have lots of what's on your list and lots of non-FRC safaris.

Hey, anybody who wants eevees with Anticipation (HA) let me know. I'm trying to breed one with 6 IVs for an Espeon, so I have a crapload of them.
  • The first six Pokes you beat the Elite Four with, before breeding super-Pokemon becomes really practical?
    The game will scale them all to level 50 for us and will ban legendaries and the like.

Although wonder trade tournament sounds super enticing...

well besides the fact I haven't even beaten the Elite Four yet my team has Yvelta in it.
  • Nuri said:

I'll have one of everything, please! I don't care about gender or IVs. I have lots of what's on your list and lots of non-FRC safaris.

Hey, anybody who wants eevees with Anticipation (HA) let me know. I'm trying to breed one with 6 IVs for an Espeon, so I have a crapload of them.

If they're females I'll take one Nuri.
  • Apreche said:

Eryn said:

Apreche said:

I'm not at the friend Safari yet...

We could hold it after you get there, silly. :P After the second badge, it doesn't take a very long time to get the rest and beat the E4, especially not if you've been using the EXP Share.
    Why would you not use the EXP Share?
    For the first 6 gyms, I had issues with my Pokemon exceeding my level command ability. Seriously.

I mean, I guess there are worse problems than leveling too fast.

• Although wonder trade tournament sounds super enticing...

Fuck that, I can just breed six level one pidgeys and save a shitload of time.

• Apreche said:

Eryn said:

Apreche said:

We could hold it after you get there, silly. :P After the second badge, it doesn't take a very long time to get the rest and beat the E4, especially not if you've been using the EXP Share.
    For the first 6 gyms, I had issues with my Pokemon exceeding my level command ability. Seriously.

That's only a problem if you keep the same pokemon with you the whole time, like you.

This version's Exp Share basically creates experience points out of nothing. So switch out various pokes over the course of play. When one approaches your control limit, switch it with something lower level until you are at a battle that matters.

• Nuri said:

I'll have one of everything, please! I don't care about gender or IVs. I have lots of what's on your list and lots of non-FRC safaris.

Pretty sure I have at least one female to send off, maybe two.

I spent a lot of time in the FS trying to find a female for the initial breeding. Luckily, Anticipation shows itself at the top of the battle, so I didn't have to waste pokeballs.

• Nuri said:

That's only a problem if you keep the same pokemon with you the whole time, like you.

This version's Exp Share basically creates experience points out of nothing. So switch out various pokes over the course of play. When one approaches your control limit, switch it with something lower level until you are at a battle that matters.

I don't know how he's getting that. I was a tad overleveled, but I keep a lot of pokemon hanging around, and the only pokemon that even came close to the edge of my control level was my Blaziken, that everybody and their dog got from mystery gift, thanks to the traded pokemon XP thing.

All right I have 5 each of: Mudkip, Tepig, Turtwig, Piplup, Oshawott, Chimchar, and Snivy. They're all male have between 0-2 perfect IVs; some of the Mudkips and Chimchars have 3. I also have some extra Munchlaxes. I'll be on later tonight and possibly when Max goes down for a nap if anyone wants to grab these pokemon.

I still need Clamperl, Corsola, Slugma, Smoochum/Jynx, Vanillite, Heatmor, Skarmory, Gligar, Banette, Scyther, and Dratini for my Dex if you have one. Otherwise Safari Dittos or non-FRC Safari pokemon are also happily accepted.

I'd love to take one of everything, but I don't have enough to just trade for them, so sorry dude. I do have a Vanillite for you, though, if we can manage to get our time-zones lined up before someone else does.

• Apreche said:

Eryn said:

Apreche said:

You must be grinding. I avoid grind as much as possible. I also don't just use the first six Pokemon I have. I keep switching to ones I like.
  • So, if anyone wants a Japanese Jolly 5-IV Riolu, I'll take a Mew for one.
  • Apreche said:

Apreche said:

Eryn said:

Apreche said:

You must be grinding. I avoid grind as much as possible. I also don't just use the first six Pokemon I have. I keep switching to ones I like.
    I happened to find 6 pokemon I really liked midway through the game, but I did switch out periodically. No grinding, either.

Really, my Noivern was the big issue. Got him through Wonder Trade, so he earned more experience. Then he just had to go and be a fucking badass.

• I was unreasonably excited that I saw people online. Friendship! O-Powers! Trainer videos! Fun stuff all over.
  • I need to work on the O-Powers. People keep giving them to me, and I don't take advantage. I also forget to use them myself.
  • Apreche said:

I need to work on the O-Powers. People keep giving them to me, and I don't take advantage. I also forget to use them myself.

I use them a lot myself, but mostly a small handful, like Stealth or EXP boost. Still, I'm not using them fast enough for them to level up very much - though I do dump them out to anyone I see in the passers by section on a regular basis. I'll dump them out to friends more, now that I have some people in that section.

• Do you guys know what my Friend Safari is, and which Pokemon is in it?
  • When I'm not using them, if I have friends online I just start giving away O powers. It's a good way to level them up faster!

So, here is what I need for the Kalos Dex (sheet 1) and what I can get through FS (sheet 2). For your reference, guys and gals who want to trade. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlGpZ-mjbL-WdHhUR2trSGthdFlqRGl2LWhfS0k0dVE&usp=sharing
  • I still need to max out my style for that nice hatching O-Power.
  • It wasn't until after I beat the champion that I realized I could use O powers on myself.
  • Ok, I bred more babies so all of my offerings should have 2-4 perfect IVs (except Munchlax with only 1), and I have 1 IV back ups if people still want them. I have Mudkip, Tepig, Turtwig, Piplup, Oshawott, Chimchar, and Snivy. All of them are male except:
    1 female Turtwig (1 IV)
    4 female Snivy (3, 3, 2 &1 IVs)

Best IVs will be going out first and you'll be getting a male unless you tell me otherwise here. My list of wanted pokemon is above. I also like adorable pokemon like bunnies, chinchillas, and ponies. Churba, if you don't have stuff I need/want don't worry about it I should still have enough to trade you a set.

VentureJ, I updated the Friend codes and Pokemon with safari zone info.
  • Nuri said:

Nuri said:

Pretty sure I have at least one female to send off, maybe two.

I spent a lot of time in the FS trying to find a female for the initial breeding. Luckily, Anticipation shows itself at the top of the battle, so I didn't have to waste pokeballs.

I will need to find my copy of Y but I will get back to you.
  • Pokemon Amie with Gardevoir makes me feel like a creep.
  • edited January 2014
    Slowly crunching through the Friend safari to figure out what everybody has. Or at least two of them per.

Add me back, if you're on the list, or add me and tell me if you're not on the list. 2552-2133-4091
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Ikatono said:

Pokemon Amie with Gardevoir makes me feel like a creep.

s/gardevoir/any fucking pokemon/g

• Well no shit. Anyone who keeps "fucking" Pokemon is creepy by default.
  • My wife purchased Pokemon X for me so I guess I will throw my Friend Code out. 2766-9683-9279
  • I almost have the Hawlucha that I want. Unburden seems to be an excellent ability, and he has a pretty high speed (base ~120). My thought is to give him Fling, and hold a status effect berry. Fling the status berry at the opponent to inflict a status, and then Unburden doubles his Speed.

Flying Press is an interesting attack. Debating giving him a buff, or just going with three high-power attack moves for coverage. Or maybe two attack moves and U-Turn, for extra nuisance.
  • edited January 2014
    He can learn Baton Pass instead of U-turn, I'd go for that. No, damage, but it makes stat boosts carry over. I think Swords Dance-Fling-Baton Pass-Flying Press would make for a very amusing (although fairly specialized) moveset. Maybe Bulk Up instead of Swords Dance if you're worried about him getting killed before he can switch out.

I'm currently working on a Torchic for practice, and for destroying the Battle Maison and Battle Institute. I've gotten up to Attack, Special Attack, and Speed IVs, but I'm getting greedy.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on