This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pokemon X and Y (Generation VI)

Comments

• edited February 2014
    While your Aron tactic sounds interesting competitive battling uses the autolevel feature.
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • Battle zone only levels down, not up. And it's definitely not a viable competitive strategy. It's just a lot of fun.
  • Does anyone have Drilbur/Excadrill to trade? The pokemon safari reddit is failing me.
  • I think I might have actually caught a Drilbur. I'll check my box at home.
  • I have an extra Drillbur, just trade me if you see me online.
  • Wow this thread suddenly exploded huh.

Is there like a google doc somewhere with the friendcodes of the regular forum goers? I have an electric safari myself.
  • edited February 2014
    FRC friend codes

My new conspiracy theory is that Nintendo is withholding the Pokemon Bank so Americans can't get older legendaries and thus lose to the Japanese in the Battle Zone.
    Post edited by Ikatono on
  • Oh hey look at that.

• You know, Nintendo is announcing a lot of things lately. Lots of vague hints about what they are doing in the future, like having both consoles run the same software and whatnot. They're obviously trying to build confidence after they failed so hard.

But the one thing they really need to do above all, that they still fail at, is to treat the entire world as one customer. Stop region locking. Stop selling things exclusively in some countries, but not others. They've been doing it since the NES where they had disk system and microphones in the controllers. Stop treating Japan specially. Every hardware and software they make needs to be sold worldwide with a simultaneous release. Allow choice of all languages in all software.

If they do that, and also use the Internet properly, that will solve most of their problems.

Also, Pokemon MMO and a Netflix subscription that gets you every Virtual Console game.
  • If they got every Wii VC game working on the Wii U VC, without me having to switch menus, I would pay hundreds of dollars a year.
  • FINALLY.
  • edited February 2014
    Ikatono said:

FRC friend codes

My new conspiracy theory is that Nintendo is withholding the Pokemon Bank so Americans can't get older legendaries and thus lose to the Japanese in the Battle Zone.

Well, they've banned the very good legendaries. :P
    I'm told you won't have any trouble losing to Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Blaziken, though.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Well, they've banned the very good legendaries. :P
    I'm told you won't have any trouble losing to Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Blaziken, though.

Man, I've been using Mega Blaziken in AI battles a lot, and holy shit it just kicks the bejesus out of everything so far.

• edited February 2014
    As for Mega Kangaskhan - you know how its ability lets it hit twice? Try that with Power-Up Punch.
  • Nuri said:

FINALLY.

CELEBRATION!
  • As for Mega Kangaskhan - you know how its ability lets it hit twice? Try that with Power-Up Punch.

If you can get one with moves from Gen III, try body slam (51% chance of paralysis) or seismic toss (100 damage at level 50 because move power is halved, not damage dealt).

And I'm pretty sure nothing's banned (at least in the free battles) other than repeat items/pokemon.
  • As for Mega Kangaskhan - you know how its ability lets it hit twice? Try that with Power-Up Punch.

Oh holy fuck.

• Ikatono said:
    That's what our posts yesterday were about.

Overall I find it works as advertised. Slightly irritating that you can only transfer one box at a time from B2/W2 and you have to keep switching out games. This is a minor inconvenience, though.

• Whoops, I only checked when Churba posted and assumed you and P_TOG were Europe/Australia. Now I just need to catch the rest of my Heart Gold legends and find someone with Black/White so I can transfer them.
  • edited February 2014
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Isn't there another flying pokemon that likes to pretend it is a hat?
  • Altaria is so poofy, it's one of the few pokemon I legit wish to exist so I can use it as an exotic pillow, Mmmmm...
  • Altaria is so poofy, it's one of the few pokemon I legit wish to exist so I can use it as an exotic pillow, Mmmmm...

If you want a pillow Pokemon, use Snorlax, duh.
  • Twitch channel where the chat stream is executed as button presses, playing pokemon.
    Watch live video from twitchplayspokemon on www.twitch.tv
  • I wonder how pissed off Professor Oak is about the number of times he has had to tell Red not to use the Helix Fossil.
  • I feel like it would be interesting to bet on what is going to happen to their Eevee; I put a poll up and you can see the results here.
  • I finally installed Pokémon Showdown on my server but I can not find a Linux script to run it 24/7 as I do with minecraft. Does anyone know where I can find one because my Google fu is failing me.
  • edited February 2014
    HMTKSteve said:

I finally installed Pokémon Showdown on my server but I can not find a Linux script to run it 24/7 as I do with minecraft. Does anyone know where I can find one because my Google fu is failing me.

How long would it take to write one yourself?