This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Strip Search

Comments

• edited May 2013
    If you put stripes on the ping pong table, there will be a fuckton of arguing about what's in or out unless you have some crazy ass replay cameras. It's actually elegant that in or out is a simple matter of hitting the table or not. What you really need are separate tables, or perhaps some vertical leaves to make the table larger. The problem with leaves is that they will make the table not perfectly smooth and flat, which can have a huge effect on a tiny ball.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Monica bringing the heat.
  • Gonna watch when I get to work.
  • I'm super proud and happy that Lexxy won. I unfortunately don't suspect she will win. She said she wants to win to make a comic. She just finished a successful kickstarter to allow her to make a comic for a year. Also, she is now definitely a threat to the other contestants and they will want her out.
  • All of you who don't play ping pong can be quiet. ;^)
  • I'm super proud and happy that Lexxy won. I unfortunately don't suspect she will win. She said she wants to win to make a comic. She just finished a successful kickstarter to allow her to make a comic for a year. Also, she is now definitely a threat to the other contestants and they will want her out.
    Yeah, but one of them will have to actually beat her. Not impossible, but not easy.

It's crazy that there are only five people left. It's so sparse! I wonder what kind of challenges could be left with so few people. I'm also really curious what crazy shit they will do when they get to the finals. I guess this thing will be over in June. I wonder if they will do a full three episodes with two challenges when there are only two people left, or if they will just have the final three people go to an elimination tournament and the person who won the final challenge will watch (or sit in the car) for the first round.
  • I hope they go to final two and the last two have to pick between the other ten to form two teams of six and do something awesome.
  • I liked Monica's comic. She pretty much stated it represented her and would answer Mike's questions. However, Lexxy's comic was the right choice. It's just as great as her previous comic, but with a different sense of humor. It was pretty brilliant overall.

The final five. It's going to be interesting to say the least. I expect nothing but art challenges.
  • Imagine if it was Abby vs. Monica. It would have been the greatest verbal smackdown.
  • That would've been fantastic. Though I feel Lexxy gets better at banter with each meeting of Gabe and Tycho. She siphons humor off of them each time.
  • So her being employed at Penny Arcade would result in the apocalypse?
  • Indeed.
  • This time I did the challenge myself!

I spent only 25 minutes drawing this, with one attempt at each drawing only. It took me longer to scan each piece of paper and arrange it into a singe image.

Also, it was funnier in my head. This might be due to my utter lack of art skills.
  • A simple gag, but not bad.
  • I enjoyed that one Luke ^_^
  • edited May 2013
    The joke is great. Your art isn't really bad. It's better than most people can do. It's your comic-ing that is not so great. There are big leaps in time between the panels. You've also given the joke away in panel 2 by showing the foot already in the car.

It would probably work better like this:

Panel 1: Driving in a Jurassic park jeep. Shot from in front of a jeep facing up. All you see is the bottom of a giant foot and the shadow being cast over everybody. "OH FUCK!"

Panel 2: The people in the front jeep are driving fast. They have gotten away. One of them is looking back down the road where you can see the silhouette of the dino stomping a bunch. "They all got squished!" "Keep flooring it!"

Panel 3: All people are now sitting facing forward. Nothing is in the background. "Looks like we got away. Whew!"

Panel 4: Dino on carskates now looms behind them while they are calmly sitting facing forward.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • The big leaps in time are fine. It relies on the reader knowing Jurassic Park, and all of the dialogue is direct from the movie anyway. I do agree that the second panel gives away the joke a bit, but the real punchline is the "Must go faster". Or it was in my head.
  • The big leaps in time are fine. It relies on the reader knowing Jurassic Park, and all of the dialogue is direct from the movie anyway. I do agree that the second panel gives away the joke a bit, but the real punchline is the "Must go faster". Or it was in my head.
    Ah yeah. I consider the fact that the dinosaur made roller skates out of the vehicles to be the punchline.
  • Juliane just pointed out to me that it would work just as well, if not better, with the middle panel completely removed. That would stop the spoiler, true, but the middle panel was the most fun to draw.
  • Juliane just pointed out to me that it would work just as well, if not better, with the middle panel completely removed. That would stop the spoiler, true, but the middle panel was the most fun to draw.
    The dinosaur's head is definitely the highlight of the artwork, and his smile in panel 2 is very cute. The angry grin in panel 3 is also fun to look at.
  • My favourite among the entries I've seen so far, from cakeburger.com:

• So uh, Ty wasn't exactly the strongest personality on the show - kinda awkward, etc. Seems like he's been doing pretty great since then...

<3 Ty <3
  • His Twitter is hilarious.
  • I realized I didn't post my thoughts since the last elimination! Here's how I predict it to go through to the end:

Elimination 8:
    Katie vs Maki
    Maki wins

Elimination 9:
    Lexxy vs Maki
    Lexxy wins

Elimination 10:
    Abby vs Tavis
    Tavis wins

Final elimination:
    Tavis vs Lexxy rematch
    Tavis wins

9 and 10 could happen in either order, but I expect there will be two "semi-finals". By that I mean I don't think it will be Tavis knocking out three people in a row, or that Lexxy will knock out both Maki and Abby and then lose to Tavis in the final.

And to be clear, I'd love to see Abby win in the end, because I like her webcomic the best out of everyone who is left in, but I don't see her beating either Tavis or Lexxy. Lexxy won't win, or else she wouldn't already have kickstarted her solo comic. Maki and Katie don't have what it takes, I don't think. Even though Maki's elimination comic was one of the best so far, he was up against super weak competition in his elimination challenge.
  • Don't assume Lexxy won't win because of the Kickstarter. Penny Arcade themselves Kickstarts their own stuff. It's very likely she did the same thing under their instruction.
  • edited May 2013
    True. I still say there'll be a Tavis Lexxy rematch in the final. Then it could go either way.
    Post edited by Luke Burrage on
  • I actually find myself not wanting Lexxy to win. I actually like her a lot, but it feels crappy for someone who already had an in with the PA office to win. Even moreso after getting an extra life. If pretty much anyone else wins at this point, it will be awesome.
  • Where is the new episode? Did I wake up too early?
  • Where is the new episode? Did I wake up too early?
    I was thinking the same thing. Don't they usually post it around 3-4am ET?
  • "@Graham_LRR (Strip Search's host, also the show's editor)
    Okay #StripSearch hashtag, sorry for the lateness. A myriad of issues beyond our control delayed the episode, but it’ll be up in a bit."