This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Scott Pilgrim Versus The World

edited April 2008 in Movies
Universal is working on a live action Scott Pilgrim movie called Scott Pilgrim Versus the World. I am definitely going to go see this in theaters.

Comments

• edited April 2008
    Awesome!

Also having Michael Cera as Scott Pilgrim is teh win. I really hope this goes through. However, how are they going to do a movie if all the graphic novels haven't been released?
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • They will either create their own ending or ask the creator about the possible ending for the comic.
    I whole-heartedly agree that Micheal Cera will be great as Scott Pilgrim.
  • Yeah I hear about this a long while ago. I much rather have animation than live action. Normally my saying on things like this is: NO PROOF UNTIL PRODUCTION! They started pre prod. so I guess it's alright to say: W00T!
  • Old news, but more importantly:
    NO PROOF UNTIL PRODUCTION!
    Pre. prod. is not enough for me. No script and no cast, no done deal.
  • Old news, but more importantly:
    NO PROOF UNTIL PRODUCTION!
    Pre. prod. is not enough for me. No script and no cast, no done deal.
    You know what Sail, you are right. FUCK PRE PROD.!
  • I'm more into the fact Edgar Wright being attached to write and direct the film... The man has a perfect track record with me so far and totally can see him pull this off.
  • The more I've read on this the more I think it's going to be done right. Apparently Michael Cera is a big fan of the comics.
  • Mr. O'Malley announced today that Mary Elizabeth Winstead would be playing Ramona in the movie. I think she looks the part, and it seems like she's a good choice for the role.
  • edited May 2008
    Mr. O'Malley announced today thatMary Elizabeth Winsteadwould be playing Ramona in the movie. I think she looks the part, and it seems like she's a good choice for the role.
    LOVE HER!!! know this movie is going to let me down... Every step so far has been spot on and raising my expectations but it's gonna be so hard to meet now. She never crossed my mind as someone to play Ramona, but I can see so see her work out.
    Post edited by Boy Blue on
  • edited January 2009
    Wallace Wells
    Incredibly Gay
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Wallace Wells
    Incredibly Gay
    Almost too perfect, wouldn't you agree?
  • I trust Edgar Wright's casting even though I have not seen any of the works of the actors and actresses playing Knives, Wallace, or Julie. I hope he doesn't break my trust.
  • I wish the girl playing Ramona had a normal body type. One of the few things I liked about that comic was that the lead female was drawn with a reasonable girth.
  • I like the Knives Chau selection, and I think the other people are fairly well-cast. I'm excited for this.
  • I have to say that the cast is looking pretty good. Although I agree with Mrs. MacRoss, it would have been nice but it is hollywood they don't have many of those people around.
  • I have to say that the cast is looking pretty good. Although I agree with Mrs. MacRoss, it would have been nice but it is hollywood they don't have many of those people around.
    They really, really do. They just don't hire them. You think that only skinny people live in Hollywood?
  • ou think that only skinny people live in Hollywood?
    The robots kill anyone who can't fit through the narrow gates outside of every movie studio. As they've never been able to destroy the robots or the gates, the studios have been forced to make due.
  • ou think that only skinny people live in Hollywood?
    The robots kill anyone who can't fit through the narrow gates outside of every movie studio. As they've never been able to destroy the robots or the gates, the studios have been forced to make due.
    How do the bulky and fat men get through? Are these just doors for women only?
  • How do the bulky and fat men get through?
    They never leave.
  • Katara will be playing Roxy. I don't know why, but I find this to be absolutely hilarious.
  • Katarawill be playing Roxy. I don't know why, but I find this to be absolutely hilarious.
    It's funny, but I think its a really good/interesting pick.
  • edited April 2009
    Has anyone else been keeping up with all the photos Edgar Wright has been posting in his blog from the set? All signs continue to point to WIN so far, if the photos and the newly posted video introduction are any indication.

These three photos in particular make me giggle with excitement:
    image image
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • edited April 2009
    That is freaking awesome, after finally reading most of Scott Pilgrim (I am yet to read vol 2), I can see why Michael Cera was casted as Scott.
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • I used to be unsure about the film, but every time something new about it comes out I feel more and more excited about it. I'm sure it's going to be amazing.
  • edited April 2009
    Enjoyed the video blog. Does anyone know if they will be filming in Toronto? I think the city's character is vital to the story.

Edited: Answered my own question with a web search, it appears as though they are. http://torontoist.com/2009/04/scott_pilgrim_vs_toronto.php

Also loving that Edgar Wright, the fine director of Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead, is heading this up.
    Post edited by Delam3 on
  • edited April 2009
    Post edited by Erwin on