This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Mobile Board Games [iOS & Android]

Comments

• A shufflepuck cafe remake for iOS just came out...
  • Listen guys, I'm the only one who is allowed to improve my time. You can't just pass me after I worked so hard to pass you.
  • I just cracked 28 seconds last night, however I haven't been playing lately. So it's ok Scott, you are still ahead of me. :P
  • So the game has 6 stages. You "beat" each of them by getting 60 seconds, and beating each of the first 3 unlocks its harder version in the second set of 3 stages. Beating Hexagonest gets you a short ending cinematic, but beating Hyper Hexagonest gets you the real ending. Only like 10 people have pulled that one off and I pulled out a 43 second run yesterday gahhhhhhh so close.
  • Sneaky Scott and Ren got ahead of me so I had to bump them back down. So close to beating Hexagoner.
  • Fuck yeah, beat Hexagon! Haven't played for a week and just picked it up and was in the zone.
  • Aaaaah, the joy of a new hypermode and failing every 3 seconds. This game is one of the best examples of "losing should be fun" I've encountered in a long time.
  • edited September 2012
    Finally joined the 1337 of Hexagon and made it to 62.37, just shy of Sail, but passed JustinV. I feel accomplished.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Not so fast, Ro! Just hit 66:28, beating out Sail as well. Now to take down Scott...
  • I'm up to 70.59 seconds now ^_~
  • Last night I broke 60 seconds on Hyper Hexagonest, meaning I have completely beaten all six stages and have seen the full ending to the game. It put me up to #15 on the gamecenter leaderboards, although that number is slowly falling as more people beat the game.

I went back and played a round of Hexagon. It felt like it was going in slow motion.
  • I've reached a point where I am getting killed by lag. I need iPhone 5 faster CPU...
  • I'm up to 70.59 seconds now ^_~
    72.33, baby! This game does not lag at all on my iPhone 5!
  • I've been playing on a 4S. I only see lag if I've got something downloading in the background, or I get a push notification. Those are death for sure.
  • edited September 2012
    I've reached a point where I am getting killed by lag. I need iPhone 5 faster CPU...
    Haha, I have a 3GS and you should see it on Hexagonest! I had to switch to the iPad 2.

Probably harder on iPad. Field of view.. too large! Can't see pattern in time...

But if you have played a lot, you can still have a fighting chance.
    Post edited by InvaderREN on
  • edited September 2012
    My wife has an iPad 2. I'd like to try it just out of curiosity, but I'd expect what you experienced: not being able to pick up the pattern in time.

On my return trip to standard Hexagon mode, ripped off a 113.49
    Post edited by Matt on
  • I found that the iPad 2 was messing up my field of view as well and did a lot better on the iPhone, but that lag is getting to me.

I'll see if I can overcome it.

Also, damn you all! I was just up there with you guys. Time to play catch up! It's ok though, as long as I'm above Jeremy, it's all good.
  • I'm sure he agrees.
  • I will rephrase that, "As long as I am beating him."

Wait...
  • I'm sure he agrees.
  • Oh you fuckers! Some people have real jobs! Now I have to practice too, Ren already passed me.
  • I have real jobs. Two of them :)
  • Yeah, but one of them is playing Super Hexagon ;-).
  • Warning: Don't update Super Hexagon to v. 1.1, it will delete your saves! The creator is working on a solution.
  • edited October 2012
    Yeah. I didn't realize it before it was too late. Very lame.

Edit: It didn't update in my iTunes folder, so I was able to delete it from my phone and install the old version back onto my phone! Success! :3
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Yeah. I didn't realize it before it was too late. Very lame.

Edit: It didn't update in my iTunes folder, so I was able to delete it from my phone and install the old version back onto my phone! Success! :3
    I always read the update notes for apps I actually care about.
  • Yeah, I just did a quick glance and saw it was updated for iPhone 5 resolution and thought it was ok.

At least my iTunes doesn't automatically install updates, so I have that to fall back on.
  • Bought Super Hexagon just yesterday. I'm at a measly 10 seconds at the moment. It's a great little quickie pick up game.
  • I'm at a measly 10 seconds at the moment.
    Oh, I remember those days...

(...also, why haven't we met at some sort of Board Gaming event yet, Pflugerville?)