This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dating

Comments

• What does your gut say? Does she seem to stay because of you, or because 'ooh interesting stuff that is more interesting than this boy'

If the girl is there because of you and giving you attention than you should go for it. If she's there and occupied by the, whatever is going on... well I think that's a complicated mess and you gotta decide if its worth the mental expense to navigate those waters to whatever outcome may find you. Not saying it's a bad outcome mind you, just obscured by clouds.
    Well, I was at Epcot with people she also knows last night, and she was specifically walking with me and talking with me. So that's a pretty good sign.

• And you haven't kissed her already?
  • Luke, your comment just made me smirk. Every time.

But he does have a point. Have confidence! Wait for a moment alone! Go in! Attempt other smaller physical contact first if you're nervous, that will test the water.
  • And you haven't kissed her already?
    Luke, your comment just made me smirk. Every time.

But he does have a point. Have confidence! Wait for a moment alone! Go in! Attempt other smaller physical contact first if you're nervous, that will test the water.
    I'm going to invite her over for a home cooked meal and a movie tomorrow night, so I'm going to make my move then.

• Random suggestion, the end of Fight Club looked really good for makeouts. Unfortunately me and my ex watched it online lol.
  • That is entirely person dependent. Some people are gonna be freaked out/overwhelmed by Fight Club, especially first-time viewers. Also, people who are more innocent/squeamish.
  • The movie can matter. Sometimes the wrong movie wont lend to movie makeouts.
  • Yeah. The movie being romantic can help, but I find movie chemistry is more dependent on how much you both like the movie and the state that the ending leaves you in. If you both really like a movie and it ends positively with you both being very happy, it can very easily fuel makeouts.
  • Princess Bride?
  • Axel, how many movie nights have you had that led to makeouts? Got some good recommendations or stories?
  • Hook (with Robin Williams) has always worked for me. That movie always ends with sexcapades.
  • Axel, how many movie nights have you had that led to makeouts? Got some good recommendations or stories?
    Not that many. I'm pretty sure Summer Wars worked well for me. I think it's better if you're younger and your lady (or man) friend finds nervous awkward teenagers dorky and adorable (and it helps if you can relate).
    Hmm...I can't remember. It's been quite some time now since I've had that opportunity. I honestly don't remember too many movies that I watched with my ex.
  • movies that leads to smooches (or more)...

Anything that's interesting, but not THAT interesting. "Out of way woman, tryna watch me attack on titans!"

Literally anything. What's more important is that you're both completely comfortable with each other, that you can get that close. Then things should happen naturally.
  • I don't suppose it occurred to you to just pick a movie you'll both enjoy instead of going into it with ulterior motives.

Ulterior motives make you seem like a creeper.
  • That's why you need to lead with something counter-intuitive, like Oldboy. That'll show her that you have no ulterior motives, which is the perfect environment for making a move.

#advancedcreeperscience
  • edited September 2013
    Male dating culture is a long and proud tradition of creepiness.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Male dating culture is a long and proud tradition of creepiness.
  • My motives in all of my dating experiences were the opposite of ulterior. They were explicit.
  • I once madeout through several episodes of Serial Experiments Lain.

Yeah, I don't know either.
  • My motives in all of my dating experiences were the opposite of ulterior. They were explicit.
    My friend Steve has a panel on How To Not Be The Creepy Guy. This basically sums up the entire panel.

• What if you're victim to ulterior motives? Creepy girls?
  • edited September 2013
    What if you're victim to ulterior motives? Creepy girls?
    Yup.

I've never ever heard a guy complain "Aw man... I thought we were just going to hang out and have a good time, but that girl was just trying to get in my pants!" I'm not saying it's not possible, or that it has never happened. But uh... I've never heard of it from anyone I know.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • Those damn creepers! I take umbrage.
    Yup.

I've never ever heard a guy complain "Aw man... I thought we were just going to hang out and have a good time, but that girl was just trying to get in my pants!" I'm not saying it's not possible, or that it has never happened. But uh... I've never heard of it from anyone I know.
    I must admit this has happened to me many times. I've often met up with people for trips out or evenings in, thinking it was just hanging out, and the person tried to push for more, and I felt uncomfortable. It really does happen the other way round!

And you know what? The way that uncomfortableness could have been avoided from the start would be for the interested party to be more explicit, to me, about what she wanted.
    Yup.

It happened when I was hanging out with you at Animazement many years ago.

Remember creepy stripper girl who kept following me around?

• I don't remember her, but I'll take your word for it.

Okay, my previous statement is no longer accurate. ;)
  • edited September 2013
    I've been victim to the creepy girl, though at the time didn't feel creepy at all. Since it all happened within the context of sitting a watching a movie/ television. What seemed like spontaneous expressions of affection, in retrospect are motives more complicated to describe.

Since the expressions of affection was mutually exchanged, have only myself to blame I guess.

HOWEVER, what I call a creepy girl wouldn't have that chance to even be ulterior.
    Post edited by Dazzle369 on