This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX 2010. East Coast. Be there.

Comments

• I hope there will be a PAX iPhone app...
    There was one for 2009, and I believe they are going to PAX East. You can also follow the Official PAX twitter and various twitter hashes of #PAX and #PAXEAST.
  • edited January 2010
    My boyfriend and I are highly thinking about being Enforcers. How many days do they require you to work? Nevermind. I just remembered your previous post. We'll be applying shortly.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I just got into the enforcers forum and such. If the con is as fun as the IRC Chat, it's gonna be fun on the bun.
  • Hey Neito
  • edited January 2010
    Hey, does anyone need / want a hotel buddy? Also, I'm debating getting a plane ticket and staying the 26th - 28th or getting a train ticket (much cheaper) and staying the 25th - 28th/29th. I need to run the numbers, but I think the first might actually be cheaper because of hotels.

Also, also, is there some kind of meetup/party/thing happening for FRCForumites?

EDIT: Yeah, it's way cheaper and faster to fly in. Also, just applied to PAX Enforcership!
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • edited January 2010
    Well, things would be cheaper with a hotel buddy, so I wouldn't mind. I already have a reservation for just myself but I believe it can be cancelled with no trouble. My current situation is that I'll be staying three nights, 26th-29th, though, because I arrive too late at night if I return on the 28th after the convention ends. Still, I wouldn't mind saving some money on the first two nights.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Ooh! If I am accepted to the lofty ranks of Enforcer I'll be staying through the 29th!
  • Got word from PAX that I'll be giving a talk:

Memes, Microcultures, and 2D Chicks: Our Future in the Otaku Gamer

Saturday @ 1:30pm, Wyvern Theatre
  • Ooh, that talk sounds interesting!
  • , that talk sounds interesting!
    Ditto
  • If anyone has a floor I could sleep on a couple nights during the con, it'd be appreciated.
  • edited January 2010
    I've booked a room for Thursday-Sunday, but I'm still looking for one or two more people to share a room with at Hilton for Pax East. My friend work there so she got me a little bit of a deal. Not as much as I'd hoped, but I digress. Parking is still expensive. (40$/day) I plan on being able to carpool from Albany to Boston Thursday morning evening and return on Sunday night.

Whisper me a message if you're interested.
    Post edited by Wyatt on
  • Parking is still expensive.
    It's Boston. Trains and busses are the way to go: never park there.
  • edited January 2010
    It's Boston. Trains and busses are the way to go: never park there.
    Planes, too.
    I've booked a room for Thursday-Sunday, but I'm still looking for one or two more people to share a room with at Hilton for Pax East. My friend work there so she got me a little bit of a deal. Not as much as I'd hoped, but I digress.
    Which Hilton, and what price per night?

In any case, I suspect it will be too expensive, and unsuitable since I'm staying Friday-Monday (26th-29th).
  • edited January 2010
    So, um...I have class on Thursday, and also on Friday morning. There is no way I'm going to be able to carpool with anyone if you guys are leaving Thursday morning. I could blow off the Friday class and drive up to Albany Thursday afternoon as long as it is not an oral argument day (class ends at 3, so I'd be there by 6), but I still wouldn't be able to go Thursday morning. EDIT: Okay, sounds like we can do Thursday night.

Rym, as for the following week, I appreciate the offer, but I can't really afford a week of eating out and stuff over the break, and I'm not going to AB, so it really doesn't make much sense for me to stay.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • I've decided to go to this, have a ticket and I've just realized this is the weekend before AB. OMG I'm out of my mind. :P
  • edited January 2010
    PAX > AB
    I was considering going to both, but I'm reluctant to spend that amount of money. I guess if I could get a hotel stay for cheaper by sharing I'd consider it, though. Unfortunately, I've already got a flight back from PAX that I can't cancel for free.
  • PAX > AB
    I just booked my plane tickets this morning. I've never been east of Texas. I'm quite excited to meet up with all you guys and play games.

Jeremy and I will be bringing Dominion with all the expansions and possibly a few other games if we can manage to fit it in our luggage.

We'll be arriving early on Thursday, so we'll see how it goes from there.
  • YAY, RO!!!!!!! :D
  • I'd really prefer to leave from Albany since I am poor, but if you guys don't wanna wait til Thursday night, I'll find another way.
    Hm.

Wyatt, you booked the hotel for Thursday night, right? Any reason we can't leave in the late afternoon/early evening?
  • I'd really prefer to leave from Albany since I am poor, but if you guys don't wanna wait til Thursday night, I'll find another way.
    Hm.

Wyatt, you booked the hotel for Thursday night, right? Any reason we can't leave in the late afternoon/early evening?
    We got it, babe. :) We talked all whispery and the like behind your back.
  • YAY, RO!!!!!!! :D
  • We got it, babe. :) We talked all whispery and the like behind your back.
    SCANDALOUS WENCH!!!!!
  • Yay, people!
  • Darnit, why did I click on this topic? I DEMAND AWESOME REPORTS PEOPLE!
  • Darnit, why did I click on this topic? I DEMAND AWESOME REPORTS PEOPLE!
    Do not worry we will give you them. It's a certainty considering the awesome magic that is PAX.

• Jeremy and I will be bringing Dominion with all the expansions and possibly a few other games if we can manage to fit it in our luggage.
    Awesome, but you might want to pack smaller games, and/or games that are less likely to already be available over here :)
  • Flight is booked, there's no turning back now!

• Jeremy and I will be bringing Dominion with all the expansions and possibly a few other games if we can manage to fit it in our luggage.
    Awesome, but you might want to pack smaller games, and/or games that are less likely to already be available over here :)
    I wonder if PAX East's board game room will trump Connecticon's board game room? The latter's board game room is still the biggest (both in size and amount of games) board game room I've ever seen.