This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Palin, Please Go Away.

Comments

• Did you notice her at McCain's concession? She looked like she was surprised.
    She looked like she was going to cry. She did manage to stand there gracefully and keep her mouth shut, for which I'll give her props. Even though she was probably threatened by the GOP not to open her mouth.
    I expected her to say something. She did look like she was keeping back tears.
    The only reason she didn't is because a top McCain aide, Steve Schmidt, would not let her (source: http://www.newsweek.com/id/167581.
  • Wow, I believe Palin is even dumber than we thought:
  • Haha, Wow. She sounds like a moody teenager.
  • It's worse than I thought.
  • Didn't know that Africa is a continent?

Wow.
  • edited November 2008
    Didn't know that Africa is acontinent?

Wow.
    I'm more amazed that she didn't know what countries were in NAFTA.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • What the hell kind of politician refuses interview prep?
  • I'm more amazed that she didn't know what countries were in NAFTA.
    Well she's the governor of Alaska it's not like her state is anywhere near... oh wait, never mind.

• lol, she didn't know Africa was not a country ^_^
  • I wish american politics was more like geki-ga.
    I wish American Politics was more like Fist of the North Star.
    The one who punches the biggest hole in the other wins? Hmmm...
    You three are awesome! :D
    We know.
    We should do a group pose. Then again, shit has not yet become that real.
  • edited November 2008
    I wish american politics was more like geki-ga.
    I wish American Politics was more like Fist of the North Star.
    The one who punches the biggest hole in the other wins? Hmmm...
    You three are awesome! :D
    We know.
    We should do a group pose. Then again, shit has not yet become that real.
    I think physically posing together would be a bad idea; our awesomeness might cause the world to implode around our gravity. But if each of us stands in front of a wall of contrasting color, I can 'shop us together.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Wow, I believe Palin is even dumber than we thought:

I showed this to my 12 year old brother, and he just cracked up. Even little kids think Palin is ridiculous. :P
  • There's one really good thing Palin did do. She got the country to join together in a giant facepalm.
  • There's one really good thing Palin did do. She got the country to join together in a giant facepalm.
    QFT! XD
  • Of course, this is how a facepalm looks like when Palin executes one:
  • Sigh! Fucking clothes.
    Oh, c'mon! It's not like they can return it.
  • Sigh! Fucking clothes.
    If they can find them.
  • Sigh! Fucking clothes.
    That shit will fetch mad green on eBay.
  • Sigh! Fucking clothes.
    That shit will fetch mad green on eBay.
    Oh yeah, I'd like to see the GOP's Feedback page.
    Comments:
    Ordered a president 8 years ago...total lemon. Would not buy again.
  • edited November 2008
    Oh yeah, I'd like to see the GOP's Feedback page.
    Comments:
    That is funnier than anything I've seen this week.

Seriously, that is professional-level funny. Good job.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • Didn't know that Africa is acontinent?

Wow.
    Did you have the same reaction when Obama said there were 57 states?

Wow.
    There's a difference. Obama made a slip of the tongue that was easily understandable. Palin, if this is true (and I'm not saying it is; it could just be sour grapes), had a factual error in her mind that was glaringly false.

Wow.
    My hazy memory of what I read on snopes tells me that he was incredibly tired at the time he said that. What he meant to say is 47 states, and as Neito said, it was a slip of the tongue.
  • Oh yeah, I'd like to see the GOP's Feedback page.
    Comments:
    That is funnier than anything I've seen this week.

Seriously, that is professional-level funny. Good job.
    *bows*
  • edited November 2008

Wow.
    There's a difference. Obama made a slip of the tongue that was easily understandable. Palin, if this is true (and I'm not saying it is; it could just be sour grapes), had a factual error in her mind that was glaringly false.
    That's my point. Why give Obama the benefit of the doubt but not extend the same courtesy to Palin?

Does anyone have video of her saying this? I've seen the Fox News clip where it is mentioned but when has anyone on this forum ever put any stock in what comes out of fox News?
    Post edited by Master John on
  • edited November 2008

Wow.
    That's my point. Why give Obama the benefit of the doubt but not extend the same courtesy to Palin?
    First of all, we know that Obama is smart. He graduated from Columbia. He was the president of the Harvard Law Review. He taught Constitutional Law at the University of Chicago Law School. She, on the other hand, graduated from some no-name school in Idaho after transferring five times in six years. Taking six years to get an undergraduate degree is enough by itself to create an impression that a person is dull, unless the degree program is some sort of engineering program that requires a co-op or some sort of architecture program that requires an internship. Taking that long and transferring that many times makes the impression very much stronger.

Secondly, we've heard him speak and we've heard her speak. He is obviously brilliant, while it's painfully obvious that she's not playing with a full deck. Further, we've heard of her saying many other weird, stupid things, like creationism should be taught in school.

These two reasons alone are enough to "give Obama the benefit of the doubt but not extend the same courtesy to Palin".
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • edited November 2008
    Does anyone have video of her saying this? I've seen the Fox News clip where it is mentioned but when has anyone on this forum ever put any stock in what comes out of fox News?
    The problem with Fox News is its spinning and commentary. Slander laws still require them to be accurate with factual information. The reporter presented Palin's confusion as a fact.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • I did not realize that basic geography was not taught in American public schools.
    She also denied a report that she didn't know Africa was a continent, not a country, and that she didn't know the members of the North American Free Trade Agreement — the United States, Canada and Mexico. She remembered discussing both Africa and Obama's stance on NAFTA with people preparing her for her debate, she said. Anything reported as a gaffe was taken out of context, she said.
    Palin denounces anonymous critics as 'cowardly'
    I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt on this one.
  • Well, one thing is for sure. There has been some wicked in-fighting between her posse and McCain's: That's all coming out now. I think that it's not a stretch to imagine some of her former "allies" turning on her, but I'm still thinking that she is a rather dim bulb, all things considered.