This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Palin, Please Go Away.

Comments

• Now, she will anger all smart people in the world.
    Wait, so McCain is going to stop funding scientific research but he will allow Palin to put 45 billion away for her pet project? Oh yes McCain, way to not prove that you are a hypocrite.
  • I wonder what she thinks of PETA.
  • Did you hear how she jinxed that hockey team?
  • edited October 2008
    Fruit Fly research which tells us HOW GENES WORK! Way to go, Palin. What makes it all the more ironic is that her son has a chromosomal disorder, and research into genetics can perhaps shed some light on the syndrome.

Of course, she is probably against any sort of genetic engineering research anyway. "Playing God" and all that.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Did you hear how she jinxed that hockey team?
    She actually jinxed two Hockey teams, one of which is my favorite team.
    She dropped the puck at the Philadelphia Flyers home opener. The Flyers went on to 0-3-3 in the first 6 games.
    About two weeks later she dropped the puck at the St. Louis Blues home opener, who then lost 0-4 to one of the worst teams in the league, the Los Angeles Kings. Meanwhile, the Flyers won their first game of the season after Palin had dropped the puck in St. Louis, 6-3 against the New Jersey Devils.
    And before the game started, Blues goalie Manny Legace tripped over the Carpet they put out for her and injured himself. He left after the first period and did not return. The Blues won saturday though, but in the process their third goaltender got himself injured as well.
  • Olbermann completely incinerated Palin yesterday:

• For Tax Reasons does it again with another G.O.P. P.S.A., this one centering on Sarah Palin.
  • She got punk'd!
  • A reminder to all US citizens:

• edited November 2008
    Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
    I dunno, I kinda like Sarah Palin. Why isnt there a Fake-Sarah Palin blog a la FSJ?"
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Did you notice her at McCain's concession? She looked like she was surprised.
  • RymRym
    edited November 2008
    I dunno, I kinda like Sarah Palin.
    Really? Honestly?

Make no mistake. Sarah Palin is going to be the focal point of the new Republican party. It's going to radicalize. The only question will be whether the old guard Republicans decide to stay aboard the crazy ship or bail out into the Libertarians or a new entity.

Sarah is a new Newt. Luckily, unlike the comeback kid, Obama isn't likely going to leave an opening for her "revolution."
    Post edited by Rym on
  • I dunno, I kinda like Sarah Palin.
    Really? Honestly?
    I think he was talking about the fake-Palin in the picture (who is probably 100 times hotter than the real Palin).
    She looked like she was going to cry. She did manage to stand there gracefully and keep her mouth shut, for which I'll give her props. Even though she was probably threatened by the GOP not to open her mouth.
    She looked like she was going to cry. She did manage to stand there gracefully and keep her mouth shut, for which I'll give her props. Even though she was probably threatened by the GOP not to open her mouth.
    I expected her to say something. She did look like she was keeping back tears.
  • edited November 2008
    I dunno, I kinda like Sarah Palin.
    Really? Honestly?
    I think he was talking about the fake-Palin in the picture (who is probably 100 times hotter than the real Palin).
    Yup and she was.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited November 2008
    I expected her to say something. She did look like she was keeping back tears.
    Well, she has her "rapture" to look forward to. At least that is a comfort. ^_~
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • I expected her to say something. She did look like she was keeping back tears.
    Well, she has her "rapture" to look forward to. At least that is a comfort. ^_~
    *smirk*You are so bad...
  • I can personally say that Palin turned me off from McCain quite a bit. I was not happy that people attacked her prior to actually listening to what she had to say. However, once I gave her that chance, there was nothing that impressed me. Nothing personal, but she didn't demonstrate anything that I value. It made me question why McCain would pick her. I truly believe that McCain would have carried more moderates such as myself if he chose someone different.
  • I don't think he himself picked her. I think it was a decision of the GOP to counter Obama being black.
  • I don't think he himself picked her. I think it was a decision of the GOP to counter Obama being black.
    No, it was the GOP's attempt at securing the evangelical vote. As a traditionally centrist conservative, the GOP felt that it would lose it's base constituency if McCain went with his first choice, Joe Lieberman.
  • No, it was the GOP's attempt at securing the evangelical vote.
    I've always thought that this was bone-headed. For all their talk about staying home, there was no way that the evangelicals were going to sit at home and let Obama get elected. Sucking up to them was a blown opportunity. McCain needed to appeal to the moderates. His VP pick turned this moderate off.
  • No, it was the GOP's attempt at securing the evangelical vote.
    I've always thought that this was bone-headed. For all their talk about staying home, there was no way that the evangelicals were going to sit at home and let Obama get elected. Sucking up to them was a blown opportunity. McCain needed to appeal to the moderates. His VP pick turned this moderate off.
    Yeah. I'm pretty sure Palin sank whatever slim chance McCain actually had.

I'm really hoping that McCain denounces her and all her radical wing-nut followers and tries to spearhead some kind of moderate Republican revival. I mean, I'd probably still disagree with their platform, but I'd have a hell of a lot more respect for them were that the case.
  • I wish american politics was more like geki-ga.
    I wish American Politics was more like Fist of the North Star.
    The one who punches the biggest hole in the other wins? Hmmm...
    You three are awesome! :D
    You three are awesome! :D
    We know.