This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pokemon X and Y (Generation VI)

Comments

• All of my O's P-tog, thanks.
    So many O's!
  • Pokemon is all about the fashion now.
  • So, it's shaping up that Y will be the first Pokemon game I've beaten since Silver.

While I enjoyed other generations, there was nothing really as compelling about them as X and Y are, I think. It feels good to play.
  • I am very disappointed with the guidebook. I didn't buy it for the walkthrough I bought it for post game content and pokedex. Of which it covers neither.
  • Just beat the game last night, loads of fun.

Gotta say, X/Y has some of the most rockin' themes I've ever encountered in a Pokemon game, between the gym leaders, legendary battle(s), and the entire Pokemon League.

Hopefully we can get an official OST/high-quality rip soon.
  • Those themes were not very rocking.
  • edited October 2013
    I disagree, my ears were sufficiently rocked.

That said, I would buy Pokemon: Slayer Edition sight-unseen.
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • Yeah, I actually think the music is pretty weak. Except for Wave Race 64 Cyllage City.
  • I love Sycamore's theme. It sounds so familiar yet I can't place it.
  • Professor Sycamore screams Layton, especially that Layton game for the iPhone.
  • Pangloss, you disappoint me. Those songs are not as good as older themes in the series. Also, didn't you just buy a DS? And you already finished Pokémon???
  • edited October 2013
    Regardless of how the themes sound in a vacuum next to older themes (vs. Red theme from G/S/C is best theme in the series), they're fantastic within the context of this game. They're thoroughly enjoyable and catchy, IMHO.

Also yes that is 100% accurate.
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • That was on Tumblr a few days ago. Makes me want a Hitmontop...
  • All Hitmonpokes are crap.
  • Yeah, but Hitmontop looks like a winner, even if he sucks.
  • Yeah, but Hitmontop looks like a winner, even if he sucks.
    Looks fugly to me.

• edited October 2013
    All Hitmonpokes are crap.

Hitmonchan is cool. :/
    Post edited by Neito on
  • The hitmon pokemon are in the same league with Jynx and Mr Mime to me...kinda wierd, human inspired (somehow)...blobular things. They remind of those claymation models I used to build in Stopmotion class...
  • I cannot find the limited edition 3DS XL any where for a reasonable price. I am now questioning my resolve in getting with the pokemens.
  • edited October 2013
    Hey Rym, I found that Hitmontop's trainer.

Post edited by Churba on
  • Are we posting trainer PR vids now?

• I just woke up for the day and decided, "Fuck it. I may not be able to get pimp ass limited edition 3DS but I needs thems Pokemens!"

Off to gamestop I go. Friend invites will be disseminated shortly!
  • I have a blazekin and delphox now, and I'm tearing through Team Flare like a viking through butter.
  • So much jelly.

We haven't had time to play even if we had the systems for it... moving is like that.
  • I do believe I'm in the early stages of Poke-Fever. I am on my first break at work and all I could think was that I regretted not bringing the 3DS to work with me. I know what I'll be doing after work...

I have a male and a female pickachu. Now to figure out how breeding works. I heard it's a thing.
  • I have a blazekin and delphox now, and I'm tearing through Team Flare like a viking through butter.
    There's a reason Speed Boost Blaziken is considered one of the most unfair, overpowered Pokemon in the game.