This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pokemon X and Y (Generation VI)

Comments

• Hmm, a conversation with a Hex Maniac makes me wonder if trainers in the world pick a type of pokemon they like and then are arbitrarily put into classifications like Ace Trainer or Hex Maniac.
  • Hmm, a conversation with a Hex Maniac makes me wonder if trainers in the world pick a type of pokemon they like and then are arbitrarily put into classifications like Ace Trainer or Hex Maniac.

Not at all, there are just different stereotypes based on looks and behavior. There's a Lass who turns out to be a Veteran once you battle her.
  • Team Darkfire is stymied by a Gyarados. God damn I should have kept up my pikachu's training.
  • I might play that.
  • Team Darkfire is stymied by a Gyarados. God damn I should have kept up my pikachu's training.

I Blazing Kicked it in the face twice and it died. Stubborn bastard.

• Honestly, I have a theory (substantiated by almost nothing but the fact that Pokemon Bank is far more complex a thing than is theoretically needed for what it's "supposed" to do) that this is going to be the generation of eShop remakes. I'm hopeful/expecting that we get, if not re-done remakes, at least Pokemon Bank-compatible re-releases of the Johto, Kanto, Sinnoh, and Honnen games.
  • Expect Pokemon Bank to be the big Hacked Pokemon filter we have been waiting for.
  • Went to see if it were possible to trade a Pokemon from Gen 1 to now, turns out there's a break between the second and third generations.
  • Omnutia said:

Went to see if it were possible to trade a Pokemon from Gen 1 to now, turns out there's a break between the second and third generations.

You can, if you use the remakes! Heart Gold/Soul Silver allows transferring from the GBA games. So Fire Red/Leaf Green/Ruby/Sapphire can be brought into the DS sphere and give you access to the first three generations, then traded up through the DS games from there.
  • Please add me back, people. I added everyone on the spreadsheet a few weeks ago and not a single one has added back. It's safari time!!
  • Grrr. I randomly ran into Zapdos Jon Route 7 but he instantly fled. Am I screwed or can I encounter him again?
  • Dromaro said:

Grrr. I randomly ran into Zapdos Jon Route 7 but he instantly fled. Am I screwed or can I encounter him again?

There are Zapdos in Pokemon X/Y?!?!? So I could theoretically get two if I carry one over from Pokemon Leaf Green?
  • Apreche said:

Dromaro said:

Grrr. I randomly ran into Zapdos Jon Route 7 but he instantly fled. Am I screwed or can I encounter him again?

There are Zapdos in Pokemon X/Y?!?!? So I could theoretically get two if I carry one over from Pokemon Leaf Green?
    If you're willing to deal with a Universe-destroying paradox, then yes you absolutely can.
    For my paradox I will begin work on Team Six Mewtwos.
  • I can haz six Spiritombs? CAN'T LOSE. TOO REAL.
  • Apreche said:

I can haz six Spiritombs? CAN'T LOSE. TOO REAL.

You will lose to my unstoppable army of six Mr. Mimes!
    'Cause he's Fairy type now. I guess he always was a bit of a fairy.
  • Apreche said:

I can make that happen. I'm breeding for an optimal Spiritomb, so you can have my offcasts if you want them. ;P

• Nuri said:

Apreche said:

I can make that happen. I'm breeding for an optimal Spiritomb, so you can have my offcasts if you want them. ;P

I don't have the newest game, so...
  • Apreche said:

Nuri said:

Apreche said:

Me neither. This is B2.

• Nuri said:

Apreche said:

Nuri said:

Apreche said:

Me neither. This is B2.

Still haven't beaten B1.
  • Can trade between 1 & 2. But ya know, if you don't want 'em, that's cool too. ;)
  • Dromaro said:

No. You run into it several times before it settles down in the islands.
  • Is there a way to look up in Pokemon Amie? I can't pet anything but the legs of my legendary.
  • Feed the guy a Pokepuff first, he'll drop down into the frame and you can pet his head. My Snorlax was the same way.
  • Best new Tumblr is Don't Ask Sylveon. It's a one-joke blog, but it's a good joke.

• If you don't catch it, you don't believe in it.
  • So uh... is anybody else way better at Super Training when they are drunk? Apparently it's working out mad awesome for me.
  • Everyone is better at life when drunk.
  • Because I'm left handed I barely make it work when I'm sober.
  • I don't know if anyone else noticed but once you fully train your Pokemon in the Super Trainer, your vitamins (Carbos, Iron, Protein, Etc.) don't work on them, it makes sense since there was always a limit to how many you could feed them anyways, but it was a little disappointing.