This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pokemon X and Y (Generation VI)

Comments

• Wonder Trade is wonderful. Though I keep getting Oddish.
    What is wonder trade? ODDISH IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE POKEMONS
    Basically, you choose a pokemon, then you're randomly matched up with someone else in the world who's also doing wonder trade, and you trade. You could get something awesome, you could get something super lame.
  • edited October 2013
    Wonder Trade is wonderful. Though I keep getting Oddish.
    Basically, you choose a pokemon, then you're randomly matched up with someone else in the world who's also doing wonder trade, and you trade. You could get something awesome, you could get something super lame.
    And if you get something super lame, you can always turn it right around and try for something else.

Plus, if you wanna go for Pokedex completion, even a shitty trade is one more pokemon you didn't have to go out and find/catch. You can get version exclusives, too.

Post edited by ProfPangloss on
    So basically you put a Pokemon in a box, someone else puts a Pokemon in a box. You trade boxes then both open the boxes.
  • edited October 2013
    You could be an awesome person and send out awesome Pokemon to make other people happy or you can be a bit of a twit and send out a bunch of level 3 Pidgeys.

First trade I made got me a Lapras (for an Onix), so I'm OK with it.

Post edited by Drunken Butler on
  • You could be an awesome person and send out awesome Pokemon to make other people happy or you can be a bit of a twit and send out a bunch of level 3 Pidgeys.

First trade I made got me a Lapras (for an Onix), so I'm OK with it.

That's a huge upgrade. Onix sux. Lapras is pretty sweet.

• Is there any reason not to spam Magikarps out into this thing?
    It's boring as fuck to catch all those Magikarps. Better to just go through the game normally. Catch any new pokemon you see. Then, if you don't plan on ever using that Pokemon just trade it instead of keeping it in Bill's PC.
    Not being a huge cock?
  • That's basically my approach. I just send out any Pokemon I'm pretty sure I won't use but that I know other people might like, and see what I get back. I think one of the best ones I've gotten in return so far has been a Boldore from a German player, which immediately evolved into a Gigalith upon trade. Now I actually use that Gigalith on my team sometimes as an emergency tank. Thanks, random German dude. You did someone a solid.
  • edited October 2013
    I don't mind getting shitty pokemon if people have given them funny nicknames. Or foreign names! Have a lot of Japanese pokes now.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I don't mind getting shitty pokemon if people have given them funny nicknames. Or foreign names! Have a lot of Japanese pokes now.
    I'm sure the Japanese people love your English pokes as well.
  • edited October 2013
    I love that when you get a trade from a game in another language, it marks the Pokemon with the language in question on its summary page and also gives you the foreign langauge Pokedex entry in addition to the regular one. I've got the German entries for a few Pokemon now, a couple Japanese, and a Spanish one. You can search the Pokedex by language and it'll highlight Pokes in the language you're looking for.

Edit: Also I'm always sure to give the Pokes I trade away funny nicknames.
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • I Named a Pancham "Genma" and sent him out via Wonder Trade.
  • Perfect.
  • Holy shit, I've never loved any creature as much as I love Spewpa.
  • My daughter got pokerus in her game but she is demanding my shiny Nosepass in exchange for an infected Pokemon.
  • edited October 2013
    My daughter got pokerus in her game but she is demanding my shiny Nosepass in exchange for an infected Pokemon.
    I will trade my firstborn child to her for the pokerus. That is until we can trade between Black/White 2 and X/Y.

Edit: I have a cryogenic box of pokemon with the pokerus in Black 2.
    Post edited by Jack Draigo on
  • Is pokerus even as useful now that we have the EV training mini games?
  • AFAIK the EVs from Super Training are still affected by the pokerus.
  • But since there's a max on how high your EVs can get anyway, it only expedites the (already vastly improved/sped up) process.
  • We have come a long way from secret base spamming in Ruby/Sapphire.
  • I just battled a guy in Austria and traded with two Japanese. Damn this game is awesome.

• Not being a huge cock?
    Not good enough. You've just incentivized me all the more to get this puzz....errr game. I shall make tens of wonder traders world wide mumble, "Fuck! Another Magikarp!"

• This may be too close to "good guy" territory but what about Magikarps that are one level away from evolving?
  • Holy shit does the story get dark.
  • Forgot to say, but named almost all the mons I planned to keep in my main party after Prince of Nothing characters. I have Achamian the Delphox, Cnaiur the Venusaur, Esmenet the Gardevoir, Serwe the Vivillon, and Ikurei the Aurorus, plus a couple Pokemon waiting in the wings for post-game (Conphas the Lucario and Kellhus the Vaporeon). The only one who doesn't fit the theme is Goldie, my Swanna, whom I hadn't planned on keeping but got surprisingly attached to.