This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pokemon X and Y (Generation VI)

Comments

• Has anyone else encountered the trainer that I can really only describe as a Battle Robot Maid at the Battle Chateau?
  • edited October 2013
    Lysandre is a fuckwit and he got exactly what was coming to him

Just wanted to get that out of my system.
    Post edited by Conan-San on
  • Whoa! Spoilers!

You mean the dude who is obviously the bad guy (haven't gotten the 2nd badge yet) gets his comeuppance? Shocking.
  • Hey guys there's an update for Pokemon X and Y in the DS store. Fixes the Lumiose city bug.
  • I just completed the Frost cave. A bit of a let down. I stored all of my Pokemon that are weak to ice before entering and the majority of Pokemon I faced were Fighting type?
  • It probably used to be full of Ice pokemon, then someone introduced some Fighting species to the area, and they bred out of control due to their 2x effectiveness against Ice.
  • It probably used to be full of Ice pokemon, then someone introduced some Fighting species to the area, and they bred out of control due to their 2x effectiveness against Ice.
    I love this theory.
  • Holy shit, is the reflecting cave kicking my ass.
  • edited October 2013
    So it has that thousand yard stare because it knows if it gets an itch it might kill everything around it.
    Post edited by Jack Draigo on
  • I still insist the stare is because it doesn't think that 1-800-CONTACTS will have it's brand.

It has special eyes, you know.
  • Neito said:

I still insist the stare is because it doesn't think that 1-800-CONTACTS will have it's brand.

It has special eyes, you know.

MY BRAND! T_T

• Friend Safari is based on friend code and there are certain sets of three. I know my FC gives Ponyta and Charmeleon.
  • HMTKSteve said:

Friend Safari is based on friend code and there are certain sets of three. I know my FC gives Ponyta and Charmeleon.

It's two if you haven't beaten the E4. If you have, it's 3.

Also, don't forget that Friend Safari pokemon are assured to have two perfect IVs, at least.
  • Abbadon will kill your Chespin with his brain. And pyrokinetics.
  • Neito said:

And suddenly everything about Super Training makes so much more sense.

• edited November 2013
    Someone hacked the game chip and revealed three unseen new Pokemon and what looks like Mega Latios.
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • Is that saving glitch only in the DL version, or is it in the cartridge too?
  • Pretty sure both, but you can download a free patch from the E-Shop for it for either one.
  • I was just wondering if buying the cartridge would save me the trouble of doing that. If not, then pretty sure there is no reason to buy the physical thingy.
  • Nuri said:

I was just wondering if buying the cartridge would save me the trouble of doing that. If not, then pretty sure there is no reason to buy the physical thingy.

Especially not since I seem to be running into the problem of the cartridge getting ejected while the system is in my pocket.
  • I still buy cartridges for all 3DS games even though I hate physical media. Why? Because it is a tremendous pain in the ass, when it's even possible, to transfer them to a new system. If your 3DS breaks or is lost, all games are also probably lost.
  • edited November 2013
    Apreche said:

I still buy cartridges for all 3DS games even though I hate physical media. Why? Because it is a tremendous pain in the ass, when it's even possible, to transfer them to a new system. If your 3DS breaks or is lost, all games are also probably lost.

So very this. I was really excited to not need cartridges and even bought an embarrassingly large SD card to this effect.
    Then I realized that there is no "Nintendo account". Just a 3DS account. The 3DS IS the account. I couldn't believe it.
    The morale of the story is that Nintendo is still very behind in a few key areas, this being one, and another being the lack of Super Metroid and FFVI (most games of that era?) in the 3DS store.
    Post edited by McTenderloin on
  • I think the main reason I got my Wii U was Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD, Super Metroid, and Earthbound at the moment. Now if they somehow mash Pokemon Y/X with the Wii U, I will have another reason.
  • Erwin said:

I think the main reason I got my Wii U was Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD, Super Metroid, and Earthbound at the moment. Now if they somehow mash Pokemon Y/X with the Wii U, I will have another reason.

Not a single actual WiiU title on the list. One GameCube and two SNES.
  • I got mine for Pikmin 3. I might actually want Super Mario 3D World and Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropical Freeze, but I haven't decided. Next year, Smash Bros.
  • 2466-2813-1542