This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX 2010. East Coast. Be there.

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Endorsed by PAX.
    Ahhhhhhh. We're not staying in a PAX East hotel.

EDIT: OK, I'm unclear on something. Say 4 Enforcers room together in a con hotel room. Do they get a single reimbursement paid to the person who fronted the room, or can each Enforcer send a separate copy of the same bill and get reimbursed?
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • OK, so we are in a PAX East hotel. My last question still stands: what happens when 4 Enforcers share a single room?
  • OK, so we are in a PAX East hotel. My last question still stands: what happens when 4 Enforcers share a single room?
    Why don't you ask them?
  • edited February 2010
    OK, so we are in a PAX East hotel. My last question still stands: what happens when 4 Enforcers share a single room?
    Why don't you ask them?
    I have. I figured this would be a faster venue in which to have my question answered, since we have numerous Enforcers on the forums, as well as someone who works on PAX East. Ask the same question in many places to have the best chance of getting an answer.

EDIT: Guess I just had to e-mail the right person.
    A check is written after the show, and the room reimbursement is per room, not per person. So 4 enforcers would split it if they shared a room. Hope that helps!

-Robert
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • But what if enforcers and non-enforcers share the same room?
  • But what if enforcers and non-enforcers share the same room?
    The reimbursment is applied to the room. Period. It would be up to the people in the room to split it up. The check is written afterwards, so it would just be split between the Enforcers (probably).

In any event, I won't be Enforcing this year, then. I'll stick to experiencing it as a con-goer this year and seeing how things flow. Once I see that, I'll have a better sense of how things work and what I can contribute.
  • edited February 2010
    But what if enforcers and non-enforcers share the same room?
    As was just said, the reimbursement is per room, so it's pretty obvious they would reimburse. They wouldn't know or care whether the room was shared by non-enforcers.

EDIT: Too slow.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I'm not going to lie, the list of performers they have up so far pretty much made the con for me already. Protomen and the Video Game Orchestra are going to be pretty sick.
  • So, I hear from a good source that both Rym and Scot are awesum, in reference to PAX East of course.
  • So, I hear from a good source that both Rym and Scot are awesum, in reference to PAX East of course.
    Lies!
  • The directive was literally: if you see Rym or Scot at PAX, tell them they are awesome.
  • Rym and Scot are awesum
  • The directive was literally: if you see Rym or Scot at PAX, tell them they are awesome.
    Is this really an official PAX directive? If so, we should memify it. Perhaps put it in the con book? Then we can give things out to people who comply.
  • I wouldn't say it was an official directive from PAX Staff, it was more anyone who was on the Enforcer IRC that day heard from Heels that you were awesome and should be told so if and when we saw you at the convention.
  • I wouldn't say it was an official directive from PAX Staff, it was more anyone who was on the Enforcer IRC that day heard from Heels that you were awesome and should be told so if and when we saw you at the convention.
    I must have missed it. :/
    Who is Heels?
  • Who is Heels?
    Special Events Manager
  • Special Events Manager
    I'd imagine that's Khahil. ^_~
  • edited February 2010
    I'd imagine that's Khahil. ^_~
    Well...
    <yoshokatana> hey heels
    <yoshokatana> some bitches and/or hoes say that you aren't special events manager. you gonna take that lying down?
    <heels> noooooooooo
    <cool robot> heels is special alright
    <SoyDogs> "you wanna talk about bitches?!"
    <SoyDogs> "just kidding, the term is women"
    <heels> shutup lame-robot
    <Ecchi-mobile> lol
    Note: some names have been changed to protect the identity of their users.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • GeoGeo
    edited February 2010
    I just found out from Scott's Twitter that the PAX East Schedule Grid has been finally uploaded.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Yay, JoCo! I'm looking forward to going to Action Castle. I've never done it.
  • edited February 2010
    The schedule is sick, and mine's already full! XD

Definitely recommended: GET LAMP screening (http://www.getlamp.com/)

Of course, my own panel (Memes, Microcultures, and 2D Chicks) is still scheduled for 1:30pm on Saturday. ^_^
    Post edited by Alex Leavitt on
  • Nice! We have a panel during the Friday concert, but that's the one I was thinking of skipping anyway. (I'm too old for two concerts...) Saturday concert is where the action is at.

So you all know, we agreed to move one of our panels to that late slot to make room for something more important that we are. But, because PAX is awesome, they actually asked us if it was OK, rather than just changing it. I <3 PAX. ^_~
  • My recommendations as a PAX veteran is if you haven't ever been to a PAX, go to the Keynote, Gabe & Tycho Q&A, and Make a Strip Panel. Those are always fun to see, but I honestly don't need to see the Q&A, or Make a Strip anymore since I've seen it several times.

They Keynote would be worth it depending up on the person.

Go to any panels that strike your fancy. Just make sure to be there to wait in line an hour before it starts. They seriously fill up fast.

Other than that, go to the area that you want to be in. I didn't see anything about an Exhibition room, so just either go to free game play or tournaments. Here is the schedule: http://www.paxsite.com/paxeast/PAX_East_Gaming_Schedule.pdf.

For myself, when I'm not working, I will be in tabletop gaming about 90% of the time.
  • For myself, when I'm not working, I will be in tabletop gaming about 90% of the time.
  • Definitely recommended: GET LAMP screening (http://www.getlamp.com/)
    That looks interesting. Do you know when it'll be available to the general public?
  • Definitely recommended: GET LAMP screening (http://www.getlamp.com/)
    That looks interesting. Do you know when it'll be available to the general public?
    I think that Jason Scott did a few screenings of the BBS documentary (maybe?), but it tends only to be for sale. So I'd probably check it out at PAX because it might be your only convenient opportunity.
  • So I'd probably check it out at PAX because it might be your only convenient opportunity.
    But I can't. This is why I'm asking.
  • Got my badges today. It was pretty cool that they sent Charlie card along with the badges.

If anyone knows anyone that needs 2 weekend passes, I'm more than happy to sell it to them at the same price I paid of $50 each. If not, I'll just get reimbursed by PAX.

Must prepare. So much to do to get ready. East coast, here we come.
  • Got my badges today. It was pretty cool that they sent Charlie card along with the badges.
    They did? This will be used as ammo against Otakon.